Esri U.S. Market Potential data provides details about the products and services consumers want and the civic attitudes they have. The database is based on survey data from MRI-Simmons and provides the expected number of consumers and a Market Potential Index (MPI) for thousands of items in the following categories:
- Automobiles and Automotive Products
- Baby Products, Toys and Games
- Civic Activities and Political Affiliation
- Clothing, Shoes and Accessories
- Electronics and Internet
- Financial and Insurance
- Grocery and Alcoholic Beverages
- Health and Personal Care
- Home Improvement, Garden and Lawn
- Household Goods, Furniture and Appliances
- Leisure Activities and Lifestyle
- Media - Magazines and Newspapers
- Media - Radio and Other Audio
- Media - TV Viewing
- Pets and Pet Products
- Phones and Yellow Pages
- Psychographics and Advertising
- Psychographics and Food
- Psychographics and Lifestyle
- Psychographics and Media
- Psychographics and Shopping
Esri Market Potential data is available for:
- 2022 (in 2020 Census geography).
- 2021 (in 2010 Census geography).
Esri Market Potential data is updated annually.
Esri uses the following methodology for Market Potential data:
The following sample Market Potential reports are available:
- Electronics and Internet Market Potential (PDF)
- Finances Market Potential (PDF)
- Health and Beauty Market Potential (PDF)
- Pets and Products Market Potential (PDF)
- Restaurant Market Potential (PDF)
- Retail Market Potential (PDF)
- Sports and Leisure Market Potential (PDF)
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit ArcGIS Apps.
For information about the number of credits needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
Esri's Market Potential data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps.
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—View a sample infographic.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst
- ArcGIS for Office
- ArcGIS for Power BI
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service
- ArcGIS Online—Browse maps and layers.
- Buy Esri Reports online.
For information about purchasing Esri's Market Potential data as a stand-alone dataset, contact email@example.com.
Learn how to use and interpret Market Potential data with the How to use and interpret Esri's US Market Potential data Learn ArcGIS lesson.