Crime Indexes provide a view of the relative risk of specific crime types. It is not a database of actual crimes, but rather the relative risk in an area compared to the United States in its entirety.
Updated semiannually, the database includes indexes for several categories of personal and property crime.
Crime Indexes data is available for:
- 2023B (in 2020 Census geography).
- 2023A (in 2020 Census geography).
- 2022B (in 2020 Census geography).
- 2021B (in 2010 Census geography).
Crime Indexes data is updated semiannually.
See the following documents on the AGS website for Crime Index data methodologies:
The following sample crime report is available: Crime Summary (PDF).
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit ArcGIS Apps.
For information about the number of credits needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
The variable lists for Esri's Crime Index data are in the following data catalogs:
Crime Index data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst.
- ArcGIS for Microsoft 365—Add an infographics card.
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service.
- ArcGIS Online—Browse maps and layers, and Enrich Layer.
This data requires additional licensing for ArcGIS Business Analyst Enterprise. Contact your account manager for additional information.
For information about purchasing Esri Demographics data as stand-alone datasets, contact email@example.com.