Esri offers United States business locations data sourced from Data Axle and Places data sourced from SafeGraph. See Places and Points of Interest for more information.
Data Axle Business Locations data
Esri Business Locations data are extracted from a comprehensive list of businesses licensed from Data Axle. The business list contains data for more than 13 million U.S. businesses, including name and location, franchise code, industrial classification code, number of employees, and sales.
Business location data are available only through ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst; see Data availability. Visit Places and Points of Interest for more information.
The Business Locations database business classifications include the following:
- Location SIC and NAICS industry classifications
- Annual sales
See the NAICS website for NAICS Code definitions and the SIC Manual for SIC code definitions.
U.S. Business Locations is a point-level dataset.
Business Locations are updated as follows:
- Quarterly—ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst web apps
- Annually—ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop
Esri uses the following methodology for business data:
- Sample business report: Business Locator (PDF).
- Information about reports and the products that contain them: ArcGIS Apps.
- Information about the number of credits needed to run reports: Credits by capability.
The following lists are available:
Data Axle Business Locations data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
SafeGraph Places data
The Places data from SafeGraph contains information about five million U.S. places, including name, location—such as the address or geographic coordinates, industrial classification code, and brand. Places are defined as locations where consumers can spend money, time, or both and include restaurants, grocery stores, malls, parks, hospitals, museums, and more.
Places data are available only through ArcGIS Business Analyst, ArcGIS Community Analyst, and the ArcGIS Marketplace; see Data availability. Visit Places and Points of Interest for more information.
Places data is updated quarterly—ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst web apps.
SafeGraph Places datasets are available in the following products:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search.
- ArcGIS Marketplace