Esri Business Summary data summarizes the list of businesses from Data Axle for specified North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) summary categories by geography and includes total number of businesses, total sales, and total number of employees for a trade area. See the NAICS website for NAICS Code definitions and the SIC Manual for SIC code definitions.
The Business Summary database provides statistics for the following:
- Total sales
- Total number of employees
- Number of businesses by industry
Esri Business Summary data is available for:
- January 2022 (in 2020 Census geography).
- January 2021 (in 2010 Census geography).
Esri Business Summary data is updated annually.
Esri uses the following methodology for business data:
The following sample business report is available: Business Summary (PDF).
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit ArcGIS Apps.
For information about the number of credits needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
Business data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
- Buy Esri Reports online.
For information about purchasing Esri Demographics data as stand-alone datasets, contact email@example.com.