Use the Chart Viewer template to display bar charts, line charts, pie charts, histograms, and scatterplots to complement a map. Include multiple charts to view with a map or side by side with other charts for comparison. Up to three charts can be viewed side by side or stacked, but you can access and view all the charts that are authored in the map. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Chart Viewer.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Present a bar chart representing average property value by county for a given area.
- Compare charts based on multiple population statistics in a dataset.
- Display an interactive scatterplot based on two values in a dataset along with an essential set of map exploration tools.
The Chart Viewer app requires a map with at least one chart configured.
The following list includes key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Multiple layout options—Choose to display charts stacked with the map or side by side with the map.
- Manage charts—Reorder, rename, or turn charts on and off in the app.
- Multiselect chart—Compares two or three charts in the panel.
- Bookmarks—Zooms and pans the map to a collection of preset extents that are saved in the map.
- Navigation boundary—Restrict map navigation to a particular region and zoom scale to maintain focus on key map areas. You can also rotate the map or prevent map rotation.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.