The Category Gallery template is a group-based app you can use to build a gallery of maps, scenes, apps, and layers and provide an interactive experience to filter the content in the gallery. You can categorize group content into themes or topics and expose them to users as filtering options.
Category Gallery presents content from a group with a variety of ways to filter and sort the items with options to apply your organization's content categories or categories from your group. Filters in the app are preserved in the URL, allowing users to share the app with filters in their current state. Choose to show information about items on each item card, including description, owner, date created, date modified, and view count. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Category Gallery.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Create a category-based atlas focused on a topic or area of interest.
- Present a collection of maps and apps for citizens to learn about their city.
- Provide the option to filter, search, and sort content within a group.
The Category Gallery app requires a group.
The following list includes key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Filter options—Filter items in the app by category, item type, date created, date modified, sharing settings, status, and tags.
- Item card display—Choose the details displayed on content items, including item type, owner name, date created, date modified, view count, link to item page, and full summary.
- Map options—Turn on map tools in the app's built-in viewer, such as find current location, a compass, and a basemap switcher.
- App information—Provide a title and optionally customize the contents of the header using HTML.
- Sign in button—Include a sign in button so members can sign in to view items that are only shared with your organization.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.