The Atlas template showcases a collection of maps and layers and includes lightweight tools to discover, view, and explore. Users can search locations; measure distance, area, and elevation; view data as a table; and read layer details. They can also modify a map with sketch tools, add layers, adjust transparency, and switch between 2D and 3D. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Atlas.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Provide a set of layers that city residents can view and measure to understand local initiatives.
- Share climate impact data that users can explore without an ArcGIS account.
- Present students with a collection of topical content they can use to create a simple map.
The Atlas app has no data requirements.
The following list includes key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- 2D/3D Toggle—Changes if the map is shown in 2D or 3D. Only 2D web maps and layer types are supported.
- Add layer—Allows users to explore layers and descriptions, then to add layers to the map.
- Basemap gallery—Display a collection of basemaps in the side panel that users can add to the map. Use the Esri default set or choose a basemap group to offer app users.
- Bookmarks—Allow users to zoom and pan to a collection of preset extents that are saved in the map.
- Elevation profile—Generate an elevation profile graph across an input line feature that can be selected in the scene or from drawing a single or multisegment line using the tool.
- Enable Sign in—Allows users to save created maps and added bookmarks to their accounts.
- Save—Enable to allow users to print or export the map to a .pdf, screenshot the map, or save the current map to their ArcGIS Online account.
- Measurement tools—Provide tools that measure distance and area and find and convert coordinates.
- Open map—Allows users to explore map descriptions and open maps in the app.
- Sketch—Allows users to add and edit points, lines, polygons, arrows, and text as sketches to the map view.
- Language switcher—Provide translations for custom text and create a multilingual app.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.