Use the Basic template to create an app for sharing a map or scene in a simplified layout with standard navigation and exploration tools. This app is designed to fit into small spaces on a web page or as a stand-alone app, and is the best choice if you're not sure which template to use when creating an app. If you're embedding the app in another web page, you can set the option to disable scrolling in the map. Include bookmarks to provide context to a map or scene and guide app users to points of interest. You can also include a screen shot tool that allows them to download an image of the app. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Basic.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Provide a simple app with common map tools, such as a legend, layer list, scale bar, and search tool.
- Include an interactive map or scene in a website by embedding the app.
- Allow app users to choose between two basemaps to explore different perspectives.
The Basic app has no specific data requirements.
The following list includes key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Bookmarks—Zooms and pans the map to a collection of preset extents that are saved in the map.
- Disable scroll—Prevents the map from zooming when app users scroll. Disable scrolling in the map if your app will be used primarily on a mobile device or embedded in a website.
- Basemap toggle—Changes the look of the map by switching to a different basemap.
- Layer list—Displays a list of layers with icons to turn visibility off and on in the map or scene.
- Screenshot—Generates an image from the app that a user can save.
- Navigation boundary—Restrict map navigation to a particular region and zoom scale to maintain focus on key map areas. You can also rotate the map or prevent map rotation.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.