Use the Nearby template to help people find sites of interest close to an address. This app is useful to help people find focused types of locations (such as schools) within a search distance of an address or place they specify. Optionally, they can adjust distance values to change the search radius and get directions to locations they select.
When you configure this app to use a search distance, set a range for the distance slider so users can define their search buffer or pan the map to see results when showing results on the map. Include directions to help users navigate to locations within a defined search radius. You can also include a screenshot tool to capture images of the map with search results. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Nearby.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Create a store locator app that allows customers to input a location, find a nearby store, and navigate to it.
- Build an app for finding health care facilities within a specified distance of a searched address.
- Provide users with directions and information for election polling locations.
- Build an app for finding nearby trails and viewing an elevation profile of each trail.
The Nearby app requires a feature layer to take full advantage of its capabilities.
The following list includes key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Distance slider—Set a minimum and maximum search radius for finding results.
- Map extent result—Shows all the results in the map view.
- Use layer effects—Differentiates between features included and excluded in a filter or set of results. Choose a visualization mode for how features are emphasized and de-emphasized when a filter is applied or results are generated.
- Search results—Provides location information with feature attributes from a
The Search tool configuration in your app must include a Locator source to return results when users click the map to search or click the Search this area button.
- Results-focused layout—Keeps the map out of the app to maintain focus on the search and results.
- Attribute filter—Filters data in the map based on predefined options.
- Language switcher—Allows you to provide translations for your custom text and create a multilingual app.
- Set result map scale—Set a map scale for showing results after a search is performed to override the default map scale or buffer extent.
- Selection colors—Choose the fill and outline colors for highlighting selected features in the map.
- Basemap toggle—Changes the look of the map by switching to a different basemap.
- Screenshot—Captures an image of the map to export and an option to include search results.
- Export to PDF—Prints or exports the search results as a .pdf file that includes the pop-up content of returned features and an option to include the map.
- Export to CSV—Downloads the search results as a .csv file.
- Directions—Provides directions from a searched location to a result location.
- Elevation profile—Generates an elevation profile graph based on a line feature to show changes in elevation.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.