Zone Lookup allows users to search for an address or use their current location to identify locations that are within a zone or region. With this app, users can learn more about a location and features of interest in the surrounding area. Grouping results by layer provides an organized view of search results. You can also include a screen shot tool to capture images of the map with the search results. (To learn more, see the blog article about using Zone Lookup.)
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Facilitate finding hurricane evacuation zones by address in an emergency.
- Build an app to identify school districts based on address or location.
- Provide city planning information by zone or area.
The Zone Lookup app requires a feature layer to take full advantage of its capabilities.
The following list includes some key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Search results—Provides location information with feature attributes from a
The Search tool configuration in your app must include a Locator source to return results when users click the map to search.
- Results-focused layout—Keeps the map out of the app to maintain focus on the search and results.
- Filter options—Filters data in the map based on predefined options.
- Draw a zone—Allows app users to draw a search zone in the map.
- Use layer effects—Differentiates between features included and excluded in a filter or set of results. Choose a visualization mode for how features are emphasized and de-emphasized when a filter is applied or results are generated.
- Set result map scale—Set a map scale for showing results after a search is performed to override the default map scale.
- Spatial relationship—Choose a method for finding polygon or line features within a zone or drawn area. Contains returns results for which the entire feature is completely within the search zone. Intersects returns all features inside the search zone and any that intersect it.
- Directions—Provides directions from a searched location to a result location.
- Show selected result only—Displays the selected result feature in the map while hiding the other features.
- Selection colors—Choose the fill and outline colors for highlighting selected features in the map.
- Basemap toggle—Changes the look of the map by switching to a different basemap.
- Screenshot—Captures an image of the map to export and an option to include search results.
- Export to PDF—Prints or exports the search results as a PDF that includes the pop-up content of returned features and an option to include the map.
- Export to CSV—Downloads the search results as a CSV file.
- Navigation boundary—Keeps the area in the map in focus by using a navigation boundary or disabling the ability to scroll.
All Instant Apps templates include settings for a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.