Every site has settings and capabilities that administrators, the site's owner, and core team members can configure.
Configure basemaps and extent
Complete the following steps to set the basemap and extent.
- Open a site in edit mode and click Settings on the side panel.
- Click Set Basemap and use the drop-down menu to select a basemap.
Note:If you don't see the custom basemap you want, add the basemap to the gallery or contact your ArcGIS Online administrator.
- Add an extent by zooming and panning to a location on the map.
Administrators, site owners, and core team members can enable or disable the following:
- Open a site in edit mode.
- Click Settings on the side panel.
- Click Interactions and choose to enable or disable the following:
- Global navigation—See Configure global navigation and menu links.
- Product branding—See Configure consent notice and product footer.
- Underlined links—Any links, including button links, on a site and its pages are underlined per web accessibility standards.
- Embedded apps—All sites have this setting which controls how applications open when a user clicks on a configured gallery card, application card, or search result. Enable this setting if you want the application to open within the context of your site's header and global navigation bar (with information side panel). If the setting is disabled, the application will open externally.
- Embedded links—This setting controls how content opens that is registered as a document link in ArcGIS Online. Enable this setting if you want the item to open in an explore view, within the context of your site's header and global navigation bar (with information side panel). Document links may not always open as embedded, as many websites have security protocols that restrict embedding to one website only. If the setting is disabled, the application will open externally.
- Follow tab—Ensure that your initiative's followers group is shared publicly to display the follow star button as an in-page action.
- Sharing—See Enable one-click sharing to social media.
- Content side panel—Enable the side panel that appears on all explore views to open automatically or remain closed for each of the apps, maps, data, and documents content families.
- Click Save.
Configure beta capabilities
Beta capabilities are features that are undergoing testing ahead of their intended release.
To test out a beta feature without making it available to your audience, make a copy of your site by cloning it and enable the beta feature on the cloned site. For more information, see Clone a site.