Add your own Google Analytics tracking ID to a site and learn how to find events for your sites in Google Analytics.
Add a Google Analytics tracking ID
Site owners and core team members can apply a Google Analytics tracking ID. This ID is not used to provide data for the site's dashboard.
You can add a Google Analytics tracking ID even if activity tracking has been disabled on the site.
- Find your Google Analytics Tracking ID in your Google Analytics account.
- Open a site in edit mode.
- Click Settings on the side panel.
- Under the Tracking and Consent section, click to toggle on Google Analytics and provide your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
To remove a tracking ID, delete the ID provided in the field.
- Click Save.
Find events in Google Analytics
There are several ways to learn how visitors are using your sites using events in Google Analytics.
- Most popular pages—On the Google Analytics sidebar under Behavior, click Site Content and click All Pages.
Most popular datasets—On the All Pages page, click advanced next to the icons on the side of the page. Type /datasets/ in the text box, making the whole filter Include Page Containing /datasets/. Click apply. The results include the dataset IDs. To find the titles, copy the URL and open it in your browser.
Most popular downloads—On the sidebar under Behavior, click Events and click Top Events. In the resulting table, click dataset. From here, you can explore the most popular downloads by type. The results include the dataset IDs. To find the titles, append the ID to your site URL with the following format: [yoursite].com/datasets/[append-ID].
Search queries—On the sidebar under Behavior, click Site Search and click Search Terms.
At this time, Google Analytics does not return metrics when users access data via APIs.