You need the following account and license types to use this workflow:
You can configure tooltips with descriptive information about the features in each layer of a map.
See Pop-ups to learn general information about tooltips.
To configure tooltips, complete the following steps:
- On a map-enabled report, click the ArcGIS for Power BI visualization to activate it.
- Click the Build visual tab in the Visualizations pane.
- Drag a data field into the tooltips field well.
The tooltip associated with a location on the map displays information based on the values you add to all fields, not only the tooltips field well. For example, if you add address data to the Location field well, the data value and its field name appear in the tooltip. If you add revenue data to the Size field well, the information also appears in the tooltip.
- To change the order in which tooltips appear, drag an item to a new position in the tooltips field well.
Location information always appears at the top of the tooltip.
- Save the report.
You can also use ArcGIS for Power BI maps in a Microsoft tooltip. You need to create, enable, and configure a map-based report tooltip page. See the Microsoft Create tooltips based on report pages article for more information.
To view a tooltip, complete the following steps:
- On a data layer, hover over a location on a map-enabled ArcGIS for Power BI visualization.
A tooltip appears with information about the location.
If there are multiple locations in the same area, the tooltip displays information about the topmost location and shows the number of overlapping locations. Click the arrows to move through the tooltips.
- To view a tooltip from a reference layer, click a feature on that layer.
A tooltip appears with information configured by the layer's author.
Reference layer tooltips only appear when the map is in the default selection mode (single-select mode) or multiselect mode. If a buffer/drive time analysis layer is the active layer, select the layer and use the selection tools to display the tooltips for the selected locations on that layer.