The October 2019 update includes new and improved configurable apps and other enhancements throughout the ArcGIS Online website. Highlights are provided below. For more information, and to find out what's new in other areas of ArcGIS, see the what's new blog article.
- The ArcGIS Online update includes new and enhanced configurable apps. Nearby is a new app that helps users find places of interest close to an address and optionally get directions to locations they select. They can also edit distance values to adjust the search radius. To refine search results, you can configure the app to group locations by layer. This new app is optimized for use on both desktop and mobile browsers. Attachment Viewer has a new layout option to make the map prominent in the app. This layout provides a dynamic gallery of attachments for features within the current map extent. In addition, PDF attachments are now supported, you can display attachments for more than one layer, and you can hide features that don’t have attachments. With the Category Gallery app, you can now include a sign in button, choose which item details to show on gallery cards, and configure the filter pane to open by default. Media Map now includes an interactive slider for your time-enabled data to animate where and when incidents occur over time.
- Multiple widgets have been improved in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. With Group Filter, you can now define filter values using a URL parameter. The Near Me widget has configurable buffer input options to search with a precise distance. You can configure the Public Notification widget to add field names in the CSV download. Smart Editor has several enhancements, such as supporting relative dates and the use of a URL parameter to define a preset value. The Screening widget allows you to hide the summary table in the report. In addition, more widgets have been enhanced for accessibility. For more information, see What's new in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
New symbols have been added to the Public Safety symbol set in Map Viewer.
- Create Drive-Time Areas has been updated with three new parameters to improve the tool's functionality:
- Travel Direction allows you to choose whether the drive-time areas are created away from your input locations or toward them.
- Show unreachable areas as holes returns a detailed polygon where areas within the output that are not reachable through the road network are not included in the output polygon.
- Include reachable streets creates an output layer that includes the streets used to create the drive-time areas.
- Connect Origins to Destinations includes a new parameter and enhanced abilities to create multiple connections.
- Route Shape can be used when a travel mode is chosen as the measure between origins and destinations. Follow streets creates a shape based on the underlying street network and is best when you want to generate the routes between origins and destinations. Straight line creates a straight line connecting the origin-destination pair and is best when you want to generate spider diagrams or desire lines (for example, to show which stores customers are visiting).
- You can now connect more than one origin to multiple destinations. For example, if you have three stores and 50 customers from each store, you can now connect all stores with all of their customers.
- Define the visibility range of layers in a scene using the new scale range slider in the layer properties. Create a scene that alternates between layers showing countries, cities, and buildings while zooming in, for example.
- You can now display pop-ups on point cloud scene layers. Select individual points to inspect properties, such as classification or elevation.
- Performance improvements: 3D scene layers now load twice as fast. Also, vector tile layers have increased rendering performance when navigating in scenes.
- Visual improvements: A new lighting and shading model adds contrast and more definition to your 3D content when you choose Quality in the Settings tool. Additionally, Scene Viewer has improved transparency rendering for buildings and adjacent extruded polygons.
- You can replace the contents of a hosted vector tile layer. This decreases the time it takes to get vector tile layer changes to consumers and allows you to update the vector tile content without breaking people's maps and apps.
- ArcGIS Online has four new Arcade functions. Use GroupBy to group features in a feature set by a field, and return statistics for each group. DistanceGeodetic can be used to calculate the shortest distance between two points along a great circle. FeatureSetByRelationship makes it easier to access features from layers that have relationships. FeatureSetByPortalItem allows you to build pop-ups rich with data from any layer without adding the layer to the map.