The September 2020 update includes enhancements and new functionality throughout the ArcGIS Online website. Highlights are provided below. For more information and to find out what's new in other areas of ArcGIS, see the What's new in ArcGIS Online blog article.
When sharing an editable hosted feature layer or feature layer view with the public, you must now turn on a new setting to designate the layer for public data collection. When you enable editing on a layer that is shared with everyone—for example, in a crowdsourcing or public polling app—anyone with access to the layer, including people who find the layer in an app or through a generic search, can edit it. The new setting prevents editable layers from being unintentionally shared with the public, which can result in data loss and data integrity concerns.
Accounts and administration
- Default administrators can now create two new types of detailed reports: activity reports and credit reports. These asynchronous reports can be exported for further analysis and are saved as items in your organization for future reference.
- Organizations can specify who can access the main website pages—gallery, groups, and so on—from the navigation bar at the top of the site. For example, using the new page visibility setting, administrators can make the Groups tab visible for organization members only or for everyone who visits the site.
- When configuring the home page, organization administrators can now include links to help members and visitors discover more content. In addition, the number of content blocks—text, galleries, and links—you can include in the home page body has increased to 15 total blocks and is no longer limited by block type.
- Administrators can add a custom GeoEnrichment service to the organization. Using a custom GeoEnrichment service can help focus analysis performed by the organization on particular subjects or variables. Organization members can also use the custom GeoEnrichment service when they run the Enrich Layer tool.
- You can now apply fill patterns to polygons to highlight areas on terrain as well as integrated meshes. Choose a pattern style for all the polygons or visualize them based on attributes with different patterns.
- Make your point scene layers load and display up to two times faster by converting them to I3S version 1.7. This allows you to render scenes with a large number of points more efficiently, such as when visualizing thousands of trees in a rural area.
A new configuration experience is available for the Media Map template in ArcGIS Configurable Apps. Build your Media Map app using the express setup or configure it using the full setup, and see your changes as you make them. For templates that use the new configuration experience, you can now search for settings and tools in the app when using the full setup mode. Other highlights include a new position manager to customize your app layout and a Screenshot widget that captures a screen shot of your app. For more information, see What's new in Configurable Apps.
- Two widgets have been improved in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder. When configuring the Business Analyst widget, you can now customize the content for the widget's home screen and configure export options for infographics. The Threat Analysis widget's threat type categories now include liquid propane gas (LPG) threats. For more information, see What's new in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder.
Sharing and collaboration
You can now share items in bulk with a group you own or manage by adding them directly from the group page. Use the search, filters, and sort options to find items to share.