- Enable a comments section on the item details page of each item in the organization.
- Allow the storage of metadata for items, and configure the default metadata style used by the organization.
- Create hierarchical categories to help organize items in a systematic and centralized way.
- Take advantage of term synonyms (beta) in the item search.
Follow these steps to configure item settings for the organization:
- Verify that you are signed in as a member of the default administrator role or a custom role with the administrative privilege to manage the organization website.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click Items on the side of the page.
- Configure any of the following item settings:
Keep the Show and allow comments on items in the organization toggle button turned on to show and allow comments on items in the organization. When turned off, comments cannot be added and are not displayed for items owned by the organization.
Keep the Enable metadata for your organization toggle button turned on to enable metadata for your organization and choose a style from the drop-down list—FGDC CSDGM Metadata, INSPIRE Metadata Directive, ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification GML3.2, ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification, North American Profile of ISO19115 2003, or ISO 19115-3 XML Schema Implementation.
By default, metadata is opened in a new metadata editor, but you can open the older editor (metadata editor classic).
The style controls how the metadata appears and which fields are available for creating it. By enabling metadata, members of your organization can include additional standards-based metadata in their items using a built-in metadata editor. When this metadata is included, anyone with access to the item can view the metadata in the style configured for the organization.
Click Configure categories to define hierarchical categories for organizing content. If you choose to set up categories for your organization, you can create your own custom categories or use standard category sets from ArcGIS (presented in ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World), the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), or INSPIRE as a starting point. Once categories have been configured, they can be used to organize items in your organization so that members can more easily find the content they need when searching or browsing.
You can add, delete, rename, or reorder the categories at any time by clicking Configure categories. Your edits are applied to any items that were categorized previously.
Search using related terms (Beta)
Turn on the toggle button to display search results based on synonyms and other related terms. This beta setting is currently only available for organizations that have their default language set to English.