ArcGIS Online allows your organization to use the ArcGIS platform to provide the public with open access to your authoritative data. Once you've enabled Open Data capabilities, configure a site with your own look and feel and specify Open Data groups to share your authoritative data through the site. The general public uses your Open Data site to interact with data through charts, tables, and maps to help them learn about your community. They can discover, explore, download, and comment on the data. Default administrators and those with the correct privileges can enable Open Data capabilities.
Open Data is a capability of ArcGIS Online. Once enabled, management of Open Data occurs in ArcGIS Hub. See the ArcGIS Hub help for more information on how to manage your Open Data capabilities, including options to manage sites, create Open Data groups, assign members to Open Data groups, and view your existing sites, groups, and content.
To enable Open Data capabilities, follow the steps below.
- Verify that you are signed in as a default administrator or custom role with administrative privileges to manage the organization website.
- Click Organization at the top of the site and click the Settings tab.
- Click Open Data on the left side of the page.
- Turn on the Enable Open Data toggle button.
Your organization can now create Open Data sites.
- To disable Open Data capabilities, turn off the Enable Open Data toggle button.