The person who requested an ArcGIS Online subscription should have received an email with an activation link from the ArcGIS Online Accounts team. The subscription must be activated by the person who will administer it. If necessary, have the email forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Open the email from Esri Customer Service with the subject "Activating your ArcGIS Online Subscription" and click the activation link.
The Sign In page appears.
- If you already have a public account, sign in with your existing account. If your existing public account owns content, sign up for a separate, new account instead. (You can transfer ownership of your items to the organization by inviting your public account to join later.)
- To create a new account, click Create a New Account.
- Enter a user name.
An ArcGIS user name must contain 6 to 128 alphanumeric characters. You can also use the following special characters: . (dot), _ (underscore), and @ (at sign). Other special characters, nonalphanumeric characters, and spaces are not allowed. Your user name cannot be the same as your password.
- Provide a password that meets the requirements of your organization. If you use the ArcGIS default policy, the password must be at least eight characters and contain at least one letter and one number. Your password is case sensitive and cannot be the same as your user name.
Weak passwords won't be accepted. A password is considered weak if it's a commonly used password such as password1 or includes repetitive or sequential characters—for example, aaaabbbb or 1234abcd.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter a user name.
- Provide a name for your organization.
You can change the organization name later if you want.
- Provide a short name for your organization. The text is used to create your organization's URL and is required.
The short name can contain up to 16 characters, including the following:
- Letters (a–z)—Use Latin characters that don't have diacritical marks such as an umlaut.
- Numbers (0–9)
- Hyphens (-)
Hyphens cannot be used at the beginning or end of the short name URL.
- Choose the language for members of your organization.
The language determines how the user interface as well as the way time, date, and numerical values appear. Members can change the language through their profile page. If you allow anonymous access to your site, consider setting your organization's language to Browser Default. This setting uses the language of the browser that accesses the site. You can change the language for the organization later if you want.
- Choose the region for your organization.
Region determines the default basemap gallery, default basemap, and the default extent for new maps. (You can also specify your organization's basemaps and map extent through the map configuration.) You can change the region for the organization later if you want.
- Check the Contact Us box and provide a website URL or mailto: link for the custom contact link at the footer of the site. Be aware that if your organization allows anonymous access, anybody who finds your URL will be able to see your contact information. Uncheck the box to hide the contact link. The Contact Esri link always appears in the footer; you cannot hide it.
- For Esri User Experience Improvement Program, check the box to allow ArcGIS Online to collect usage information from members of your organization to improve the user experience.
ArcGIS Online works continuously to improve its products, and one of the best ways to determine what needs improvement is through customer feedback. The Esri User Experience Improvement program (EUEI) allows your organization to contribute to the design and development of ArcGIS Online. The program collects information about the usage of ArcGIS Online, including hardware and browser characteristics, without interrupting work. The program is completely optional and anonymous; none of the information collected is used to identify or contact members of your organization.
- Click Save and Continue.