Default administrators and those with the correct privileges can specify the user type, member role, number of credits, groups, and other member properties to assign by default when adding or inviting new members to the organization. The properties you specify are automatically assigned to new members when you add or invite them to join, unless you choose to modify them explicitly. If you need to change any of the member properties for specific members—for example, change a member's user type or remove them from a group—you can do so at any time. New member defaults apply only to new members who are joining the organization and do not affect existing members—that is, setting or changing the new member defaults has no impact on previously assigned member properties for existing organization members.
- Verify that you are signed in as a default administrator or custom role with administrative privileges to manage security settings.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click New member defaults on the left side of the page. You only see this tab if you have privileges to manage the organization's security settings.
- Configure or modify the new member defaults as follows:
The new member defaults you see depend on your assigned privileges to manage organization settings.
- For User Type and Role, click the edit button for either setting, select a user type, and then select a role.
- For Add-on licenses, click the Manage button and select the add-on licenses to automatically assign to new members. For ArcGIS Pro licenses, select the extensions to assign.
You can only select default add-on licenses that are compatible with the default user type and role selected. For example, if you selected the Editor user type as a new member default, you cannot select Drone2Map for ArcGIS as a default add-on license, as it is only compatible with the Creator and GIS Professional user types.
- For Groups, click Manage and use the search box or sort options to help you find groups. Select one or more groups to assign to new members, and click Save.
You can only select default groups that are compatible with the default user type and role selected. For example, if you selected the Data Editor role as a new member default, you cannot select a group with update capabilities as a default group, as membership in those groups is limited to members with privileges to create, update, and delete content.
- For Credits, use the drop-down list to select Set allocation limit to and type the number of credits to provide each new member or select No limit (equivalent to the organization's total number of credits).
This setting is only available if credit budgeting is enabled for the organization.
- For Esri access, use the Enable Esri access toggle button to enable or disable this property by default for new members.
A member whose account has Esri access enabled can use My Esri and Community and Forums (GeoNet), access e-Learning on the Training website, and manage email communications from Esri. The member cannot enable or disable their own access to these Esri resources.
The new member defaults you set will be automatically assigned to new members who are added or invited to the organization. You can modify any of these settings for specific members as needed during the member invitation process and on the Members tab after they join the organization.