Organization administrators can specify the user type, member role, number of credits, groups, and other member properties to assign by default when adding or inviting new members to the organization. The properties you specify are automatically assigned to new members when you add or invite them to join, unless you choose to modify them explicitly. If you need to change any of the member properties for specific members—for example, change a member's user type or remove them from a group—you can do so at any time. New member defaults apply only to new members who are joining the organization and do not affect existing members—that is, setting or changing the new member defaults has no impact on previously assigned member properties for existing organization members.
- Verify that you are signed in as an administrator of your organization.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click New Member Defaults on the left side of the page. You only see this tab if you have privileges to manage the organization's security settings.
- Configure or modify the new member defaults as follows:
The new member defaults you see depend on your assigned privileges to manage organization settings.
- For User Type and Role, click the edit button for either setting, select a user type, and then select a role. Click Save.
- For Add-on Licenses, click the edit button and select the add-on licenses to automatically assign to new members. For ArcGIS Pro licenses, select the extensions to assign. Click Save.
- For Groups, click the edit button, select one or more groups to assign to new members, and click Save.
Use the search box or sort options to help you find groups.
- For Credits, click the edit button. Type the number of credits to provide each new member or select No allocated limit (equivalent to the organization's total number of credits). Click Set.
This setting is only available if credit budgeting is enabled for the organization.
- For Enable Esri Access, click the toggle key on or off to enable or disable this property by default for new members.
A member whose account has Esri access enabled can use My Esri and Community and Forums (GeoNet), access e-Learning on the Training website, and manage email communications from Esri. The member cannot enable or disable their own access to these Esri resources.
- Click Save when you are finished setting the new member defaults.
The new member defaults you set will be automatically assigned to new members who are added or invited to the organization. You can modify any of these settings for specific members as needed during the member invitation process, and on the Members tab after they join the organization.