Default administrators and those with the correct privileges can choose which groups to feature on the Groups and Organization pages and choose which configurable apps to use to create group-based apps.
- Verify that you are signed in as a default administrator or custom role with administrative privileges to manage the organization website.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click Groups on the left side of the page.
- Configure any of the following group settings:
Group owners can add public items to their groups. This means that as a group owner, you can include items shared to ArcGIS Online by Esri in your featured groups and configurable apps gallery.
Select the groups that will be displayed on the Featured Groups tab on the Groups page. Click Manage featured groups and select one or more groups from the list of all the groups owned by members of your organization.
Choose a group that contains the app templates you want to show in the apps gallery when members create an app from a group page.
If you select a group other than the default, you can configure the following options:
- Change how the apps are sorted in the gallery by selecting a Sort order field and choosing Ascending or Descending. If you change the sort field or order here, the items on the group page are also changed.
- Include the current Esri default apps in the gallery with your group items by clicking Share the Esri default configurable apps with group. You can also add other Esri public configurable apps not included in the default set (for example, retired apps) by sharing items with your group. (To remove configurable apps, open the group and remove the items you no longer want to appear in the apps gallery.)
- Add more Esri default configurable apps (for example, after a site update) by clicking Share the Esri default configurable apps with group.
Each app template in your group must include a downloadable .zip file containing its source code and a preview version that can be displayed in a web browser. Add your preview version as a Web Mapping Application item and attach your source code to the item.