The School Locator solution delivers a set of capabilities that help you share school district and attendance zone boundaries, highlight school performance, and promote elementary, middle, and high school educational resources available.
In this topic, you’ll learn how to use the solution by assuming the role of a user and performing the workflows below.
Find schools and attendance zones
You will assume the role of a resident in the community and would like to learn more about schools and attendance zone boundaries in your area.
- In a browser, go to the School Locator app.
- In the Locate School pane, under Search for an address or locate on map, type 1433 Terrance Dr, Naperville, IL into search text box and press the Enter key. Or click on the map to set a location.
The list updates to display a list of school attendance zones that serve the location entered.
The data extent used in this app is restricted to Naperville, Il. Searching for an address outside the extent will not return a result.
- Review the list of school attendance zones.
Using the list of school attendance zones, you will discover information related to which school your child will attend, enrollment numbers, school district, as well as directions.
- In the school attendance zone results list, click on Elementary School Attendance Zone.
The map will zoom to corresponding school attendance zone boundaries and will highlight the associated school your child will attend based on your searched address.
The Information tab displays details regarding which school your child will attend, current enrollment numbers, and the name and size of the school district.
- Click the Directions tab.
The tab displays turn by turn directions from the searched address to the school location.
- Click the Back button to return to the school attendance zones result list.
- Repeat step 4 for both Middle School Attendance Zone and High School Attendance Zone.