Use the app settings to save your work, choose a country or region, set application preferences, view account information, and take guided tours.
Turn on autosave
Use the Autosave toggle button to save the state of the map across sessions. When the toggle button is turned on, sites and layers on the map are saved when you sign out. The next time you sign in, the sites, layers, and map extent from the previous session are loaded on the map.
- Content from the current project is saved, including boundaries, labels, and layers containing business search results.
- Historical traffic layers are saved only if the Historical Traffic Data window is open.
- Annotations and measurements are not saved.
Set the country or region
Business Analyst provides data in 177 countries and regions. You can browse and search for countries or regions in the Country/Region drop-down menu. To change the default country, select a country in Preferences. Some countries include multiple data sources that offer different variables and geography levels.
To select a country or region, do the following:
- Click the Country/Region drop-down menu .
- In the drop-down menu, find a country or region in the following ways:
- Browse the full country and region list.
- Click a continent.
- Click a letter of the alphabet to view countries and regions that begin with that letter.
- Provide the country or region name in the Enter country or region search field.
- Click a country or region.
- For countries that include multiple data sources, choose a source by clicking the Click for data source selections button . To view more information about the data sources, click Show details. To select a data source, click Apply.
Once you select a data source, the map automatically pans to the country or region you selected.
You can customize Business Analyst Web App by setting preferences for the app, workflows, and reports and infographics.
View account information
The Account details drop-down menu allows you to open your ArcGIS organizational profile, view your license type, and sign out of the application.
- On the top ribbon, click Account details.
- To open your ArcGIS Online profile in a new browser tab, click My profile.
- View your organization username, profile image, and license type (Standard or Advanced).
- To sign out of the app, click Log out.
Take guided tours of the app
Guided tours allow you to familiarize yourself with Business Analyst functionalities and workflows. Tours are organized in five levels, from introductory to advanced. You earn points when you complete a tour or review related material. When you complete all tours in a level, you earn additional points and a badge and proceed to the next level.
To take a guided tour, do the following:
- In the Maps tab, expand the Account details drop-down menu and click Guided tours.
The Guided Tours window opens.
- Hover over a tour to view a ToolTip with a brief description. To open a tour, click GO. To start a tour in a locked level, click Unlock.
The tour opens, displaying the first step. The status bar at the top of the screen shows the name of the tour and your progress.
- Follow the tour instructions. For steps that include additional information, click Tip to view the information. If you don't want to complete the tour, click Stop tour to exit.
Actions that are required to complete steps may vary, including the following:
- In some steps, you can return to the previous step by clicking Back.
- Some steps require that you click a specific place.
- Some steps only provide more information about the workflow. When you finish reading, click Next to proceed to the next step.
When you complete a tour, your updated progress in the current level is displayed, along with other material related to the completed tour.
Some tours may not be available in certain situations. The following limitations apply:
- If an administrator in your organization has disabled a workflow for your role, any guided tours associated with it are not available to you. For example, if the Color-Coded Maps workflow is disabled, the Create a color-coded map from data tour is not available.
- Not every tour is available in every country.