The latest release includes the following enhancements:
Access 2018/2023 U.S. Demographics and Global Data Updates
- 2018/2023 demographic data estimates and projections for U.S. demographics.
- 2018 daytime population, consumer spending, market potential, Tapestry segmentation, business locations, shopping centers, traffic counts and more.
- New population by generation data for the US. For example, find out how many Millennials and Baby Boomers are in California.
- 2012 - 2016 American Community Survey (ACS) Demographics.
- Michael-Bauer Research data updates for 30+ countries primarily in Europe. Learn more.
Use Nearby locations data in custom reports and infographics
Summarize businesses or point locations around a site by using the new Nearby locations data capability in Infographics and Reports. For example:
- Run the new Nearby Restaurants infographics template to see a summary of nearby restaurants including their names, count, distance and direction from the location and an interactive map.
- Customize any template using the Nearby option when building infographics or reports.
- Use your own point locations data from ArcGIS, or add a point layer and select attributes to include in the nearby table.
Filter layers by attributes
- Apply attribute based filters to your site or ArcGIS layers, to limit the locations shown as needed.
- Save the filtered layer as a new layer.
Compare Sites with Geographies
Use the new Compare with geographies capability to quickly compare the key demographic facts for a location with that of the geographies within which it is located. This option is available in the site menu when a site is loaded on the map, and in New Comparison Reports.
Tapestry Poster Style Infographics
You can now create infographics in a Tapestry poster style look and feel using the new Tapestry Profile template.
Categorize and Browse Your Own Data
Create your own data categories to display in the Data Browser and assign them with custom icons, thus using your added custom data similar to the experience available for Esri Demographics data.
Customize Default Site Attributes
You can use a new preferences option to customize the default site attributes that will be used automatically for all new projects. This organizational preference is available only to ArcGIS Online administrators.