Stories that have been authored in ArcGIS StoryMaps can be printed or saved as a PDF file. Printed stories can be used in situations in which the ArcGIS StoryMaps website may not be available due to limited internet access. Printing and saving stories also creates a record of a story that can be used to track its history or for archival purposes.
Print or save your story
Use the following steps to print a story or save it as a PDF file:
- In the story builder or the story viewer, click the menu button .
- Select Print preview.
The story opens in the print view.
- Click the Print button to open the browser's print dialog box.
- Select a printer or other destination.
- To print a paper copy of the story, select a printer option.
- To save the story as a PDF file, select a print to PDF option.
The story is printed or saved.
Story printing tips
Consider the following when printing stories:
- Both published stories and draft stories can be printed.
- You can access the Print option from both the story builder and the story viewer.
- It is recommended that you enable background graphics in the browser print settings.
- At this time, only 16 maps can be printed. If a story includes more than 16 maps, print it in batches using page ranges.