GeoRSS is a live web feed that includes geographic features and locations. For example, a transportation department might maintain a GeoRSS of current vehicle accidents in its area. You could add the feed as a layer on your map and it would appear as point symbols with pop-ups. Whenever you open or refresh your map, you see the latest information from the GeoRSS feed.
- GeoRSS-Simple—Supports point, line, box, polygon, and circle
- GeoRSS GML—Supports point, line, box, and polygon
Both formats work with Atom 1.0 and RSS 2.0.
Display GeoRSS layers in your map
- You can add GeoRSS layers that are up to 10 MB in size to your map.
- A GeoRSS can contain three layers: one for points, one for lines, and one for polygons. If your GeoRSS has multiple layers, they appear as one layer in the map.
- You can change single symbols in single-layer GeoRSS layers.
- You cannot configure pop-ups.