Listed below are common questions about ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Can I give others access to my account?
- Is my use of the extension and data confidential?
- Can I use projections in this app?
- Does this app support only vector content?
- When using ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, are there any limitations I should know about?
- Can I change the symbology of the content of a map?
- My web map has symbology I used from smart mapping tools. Do these symbols translate to Adobe Illustrator?
- Does the extension support all smart mapping features similar to ArcGIS Online?
- Can I push my layers and web map back into ArcGIS Online and share them with my organization?
- Does the extension automatically update when a new version is available?
- The app window does not display properly. How can I fix this?
- Why do the extension windows dock slowly?
- What are my options for getting help with the extension?
- Can I use this app with non-English Illustrator?
- Can I access content from ArcGIS Enterprise installation?
- Will I get a receipt when I purchase a Plus account?
- How safe is my credit card information when I purchase a Plus account?
- How do I renew my Plus account?
There is an optional setting to allow Esri to track aspects of your usage for the purpose of understanding how you're using the extension so we can make improvements. Some examples include the number of downloads, data added to the map, and type of symbols and labels used. You can opt out by turning off this option in the Settings window. In addition, the map file (Ai document) that's created on our servers and sent back to you, is stored for a limited time (approximately six hours) so we can check the file if anything goes wrong. Esri does not share any of this information outside of the product team; it's only used to help us debug and improve the extension.
Yes, you can define a projection for a mapboard in the Compilation window. See Update layers for more information.
Here are the limitations to take into account:
- NoData pixel values in image services or raster layers such as heat maps may get an absolute value instead of NoData.
- Vector tiles are not yet supported.
- If you are trying to connect to a secured service in a version prior to 10.3, you will receive a token error. This is a known issue with ArcGIS Server.
- Text on a curve or spline may appear as individual characters rather than strings.
My web map has symbology I used from smart mapping tools. Do these symbols translate to Adobe Illustrator?
No. Although the extension does allow you to use the smart mapping functionality in Adobe, there are some considerations to be aware of.
Yes. This functionality is available when you use the Share button in the Compilation window.
If you installed version 1.5 (or later) using a setup file that you downloaded from the Esri website, when a new update is available, you'll see a notification message in the Mapboard window after you sign in. You can choose whether to update immediately or at a later time. If you installed the extension from Adobe Exchange, it's automatically updated to the latest version. You'll see a notification in Creative Cloud when it's updated.
You can ask questions in the Esri Community by going to the Maps for Adobe GeoNet page. If your question goes unanswered, you can also contact the Maps for Adobe team directly. If you have an ArcGIS Online account through an organization with a maintenance plan, Esri Technical Support can help you with the extension as well.
Your account is renewed and payment automatically charged each month until you request that your account be cancelled, which you can request via the Account Management page. Your credit card is authorized three days before the term end date. An email is sent during the authorization of the credit card and an invoice email is sent once the order is processed. Your access is extended for 30 days from the start date.