In ArcGIS Community Analyst, you can share the sites, layers, and maps currently open on the map as a web map in ArcGIS Online. Create a title and select the organizations or groups that you want to allow access to the web map. By default, the web map is stored in ArcGIS Online. You can also export the map content as a new hosted feature service.
To comply with Esri Master Agreement, Product and Services (E204) guidelines on data use restrictions, data made available via the Esri Master Agreement cannot be shared publicly, used for direct marketing purposes, or resold unless otherwise permitted in the Agreement. Reference Section 3.0: Data for full compliance details.
For more information, see Esri Legal: Master Agreements.
To share your ArcGIS Community Analyst map as a web map in ArcGIS Online, perform the following steps:
- On the Maps tab, click Share results and select ArcGIS web map.
You can also share your map by clicking Share map to ArcGIS in the map tools.
The Share map window appears.
- In the Share map window, perform the following:
- Enter a map title in the Title field.
- Enter information in the Description field.
- Enter values in the Tags field.
- In the Select layers to share section, select the layers to include in your web map.
- In the Share map with selected groups section, choose from the following options:
- Check the Entire organization check box to share the web map with your entire organization.
- Check the My groups check box to share the web map with all the groups to which you belong or with which you want to share.
- To save the content as a web map in ArcGIS Online but not share it with any other users, leave all check boxes unchecked.
- Check the Export map layers in a new hosted feature service check box to export the map layers in a new hosted feature service.
Tip:This option is useful when you want to share only some layers from your project. Instead of sharing the project with other users, add only the desired layers to the map, and use the Export map layers in a new hosted feature service option in the Share map window. You can then share the hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online with groups, organizations, and in public web maps.
- Click Share.
The content will be saved to ArcGIS Online as a web map and shared per your selections above. A notification appears, confirming that your map has been shared. To view the shared web map in ArcGIS Online, click Click here to access the map.
- Click the thumbnail to open the web map. Hover over the Share icon to view the current sharing settings. Click the Share button to modify the settings.
Keep the following in mind:
- When you check the Export map layers in a new hosted feature service check box, only your map layers that are stored in the project are included in the new hosted feature service and are indicated in bold in the Select layers to share section. Other content—for example, web maps and layers, temporary sites on the map (that are not saved in a layer), boundaries, labels, measure lines, grids, and map annotations—will not be included.
- To view your web map in ArcGIS Online, sign in to ArcGIS Online, browse to Content > My Content, and click CA – My Maps from the Folders list.
This video was created using ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App, where the user experience and workflows are identical to ArcGIS Community Analyst.