For the best performance with the ArcGIS Online website, use the latest version of a browser listed below. The scene viewer and scene-based apps have its own browser requirements. Some of the ArcGIS apps also have their own requirements. See their documentation for details.
- IE 9 and higher. Compatibility View is not supported.
- iOS Safari
- Chrome for Android
Limitations of using IE 9
Internet Explorer 9 is supported but has the following limitations. Additional browser limitations are also noted below.
- You cannot view streaming feature layers in the map viewer.
- Within the My Organization > Edit Settings > Open Data page, the Your Open Data Sites list does not appear.
- You cannot open metadata XML files or save local copies of your current metadata document in the built-in metadata editor.
- You cannot add CSV items (in My Content) as web layers in the map. This limitation applies to IE 9 and Safari.
- You cannot use the scene viewer or open apps created from scenes. This limitation applies to IE 9 and 10.
- If the map contains feature layers, labels on the following basemaps may appear hidden: Imagery with Labels, Dark Gray Canvas, Light Gray Canvas, World Oceans, and Terrain with Labels. This limitation applies to IE 9 and 10.
- The Visualization tab is not available on the item pages on IE 9.