Edit layer properties
You can easily edit the properties of an IBM Cognos business layer once the data has been added to the map.
This functionality is only available for IBM Cognos layers created with Esri Maps for IBM Cognos 6.1 or later.
Using the Edit layer properties tool, you can add columns from the source data to include in the layer and change the format for displaying column data. You can also remove columns you do not want to include. For example, you could remove the ID column and change the format of the Revenue column from Decimal to Currency. The columns you include are available with their specified format options in the layer's pop-ups, attribute table, styling and heat map options, and interactive behaviors.
You can also use the Edit layer properties tool to quickly change the name of the layer and turn on or off the Zoom to layer option.
- In the Contents pane, select the layer whose properties you want to edit.
- Click the Edit layer properties button .
- Do any of the following as needed:
- Check the check boxes beside the columns you want to add. To add all available columns, check the topmost check box.
- Uncheck the check boxes beside the columns you do not want to include.
You're not able to remove the columns that contain the location information for the layer, or those that are used in style, heat map, and interactive behavior configurations.
- Change the data format of any of the columns by choosing a different option from the appropriate Format drop-down menu.
If a numeric column is already in use in the style settings for the layer, you're not able to choose a nonnumeric format.
- Rename the layer by typing a new value in the Layer name box.
- Check or uncheck the Zoom to layer check box to turn on or turn off this option.
- Click OK when finished.