Configure an interactive behavior to update the map
You can set up an interactive behavior to update the map when report consumers select or click an item in a list or a crosstab. This behavior can be configured on layers created from IBM Cognos data, feature service layers, and dynamic map service layers.
To configure a map with this behavior in Esri Maps for IBM Cognos, your report must first be configured correctly in Report Studio. To learn more about report configuration in Report Studio, see the IBM Cognos Report Studio User Guide.
To learn more about the interactive behaviors you can configure in Esri Maps for IBM Cognos, see About interactive behaviors.
- In Report Studio, create a new report.
- In your report, drag Esri Map from the Toolbox tab of the Insertable Objects pane to a prompt page or a report page.
- Create and populate a new query.
- Save your report in Report Studio.
- Open Esri Maps Designer and browse to the report you just created. Next to the corresponding map, click Configure to open the map.
- In the map configuration window that appears, add data to your map. See Add IBM Cognos data to your map.
- When you're finished adding data, open the Contents pane.
- In the Contents pane, click the arrow to the right of the layer for which you want to configure the behavior.
- Choose IBM Cognos interactivity.
- Choose Update map and click Add new.
If you've already configured an interactive behavior for the layer, you'll need to click the Add button before adding and configuring the new behavior.
To delete an interactive behavior, click the Delete button.
- Optionally, type a new label for the behavior in the Label box.
- From the Layer attribute drop-down menu, choose the attribute field you want to update.
- Beside Map behaviors, check the boxes for Filter features, Zoom to features, Highlight features, or all three.
If you check Highlight features, choose the color to use to highlight the features in the map.
- Beside Report objects, check the boxes for the report objects you want to use for updates.
- From the Choose a column/row drop-down menu for each selected report object, choose one data item that report consumers must click or select in the report object to update the map.
If the Choose value to pass value is not specified, the data in this data item must match the data in the Layer attribute box.
- From the Choose value to pass drop-down menu, optionally choose a data item to be passed when the column or row in the report object is clicked or selected.
If specified, the data in this data item must match the data in the Layer attribute box.
- Click OK.
To change the behavior configuration later, choose IBM Cognos interactivity in the layer settings pane and click the Configure button beside Update map.