Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the IPS extension.
Download the ArcGIS IPS Setup for Android app and configure permissions to open ArcGIS IPS Setup.
Download the app
ArcGIS IPS Setup is available for download from the Google Play Store.
IPS Setup requires location permissions using location services to record sensor data.
Android 10 and later include options for location and activity permissions that help improve location accuracy:
- Location—The Allow option in earlier versions of Android has been replaced by Allow only while using the app and Allow all the time. The Allow all the time option is recommended.
- In Android 11, the Allow all the time option is not listed and must be set exclusively in the Settings app of the device.
- Physical Activity—It's recommended that you set this option to Allow to optimize battery consumption when determining location, when stationary or in motion.
Sign in to the app
You must sign in to your ArcGIS organization when opening ArcGIS IPS Setup to access maps that are shared with you.
Sign in with ArcGIS Enterprise
Depending on how your ArcGIS Enterprise portal was configured, you can sign in to IPS Setup using one of the following types of authentication:
- Built-in authentication—Sign in using the credentials provided by a portal administrator.
- SAML, IWA, or LDAP—Sign in using the credentials provided by your organization.
- PKI—Sign in using the certificate provided by your organization. The certificate must be downloaded and installed on the device before signing in.
Sign in with ArcGIS Online
Depending on how your ArcGIS Online organization was configured, you can sign in to IPS Setup using one of the following types of authentication:
- ArcGIS Online account—Sign in using your ArcGIS Online credentials.
- SAML—Sign in using the credentials provided by your organization.
Once you sign in, web maps that are shared with your ArcGIS organization with an IPS tag are displayed in the map list. After you choose a web map, you can plan or conduct a survey or test a positioning file.