To perform a survey or test a positioning file in ArcGIS IPS Setup, you must open the map first. Maps shared with your ArcGIS organization are available in IPS Setup and are shown in the map list. Once you choose a map from the map list, you can zoom to sites or facilities you want to work in, choose a floor to work on, and proceed to Plan or Test mode.
Map list features
The map list is displayed when you open ArcGIS IPS Setup. From the map list, you can open maps shared with your ArcGIS organization and access the Recordings list. The map list includes thumbnail images of the active map, maps marked as favorites, and other web maps shared with your organization.
From the map list, you can do the following:
- Review map details by tapping the options button and choosing View Details to view the name of the map owner and the time and date the map was last modified.
- Add a map to your favorites by tapping the options button and tapping Add to Favorites . To remove a map from your favorites, tap the options button and tap Remove from Favorites .
- Access the Recordings list by tapping Recordings on the options bar above the map list.
When you choose a map, it opens in Map mode. From there, you can view floor plans, switch between floors in a facility, check the status of device's sensor status, access Survey and Test modes, or return to the map list.
In Map mode, you can do the following:
- Open the Sensor Check menu by tapping the sensor check bar above the map.
Select a floor by tapping the floor picker and choosing the floor you want to survey. Survey recordings are limited to a single floor. You must choose a floor in Map mode before starting the survey.
If your web map contains multiple sites or facilities, zoom to a facility to enable its floor picker.
- Survey a floor in a facility in Survey mode by tapping Survey on the options bar above the map and choosing to sketch a new path and add survey points in Plan mode or use an existing plan.
- Test the accuracy of an indoor positioning system in Test mode by tapping Test. If no positioning file is found in the selected map, Test mode is not available.
If a web map does not have an IPS Recordings layer, you cannot access Survey or Test modes for that map. An error message appears when a recordings layer is not associated with the active map.
The Recordings list provides an overview of survey recordings on the device, including successfully uploaded recordings and pending uploads. Once you close IPS Setup, recordings that have been successfully uploaded are cleared from the list. To review the recordings, tap Recordings on the options bar above the map list. Recordings are displayed with the following icons, depending on status:
The recording was successfully uploaded.
The upload is pending and will be uploaded automatically when a stable internet connection is available.
The upload failed. IPS Setup automatically tries to upload these recordings when a stable internet connection is available.
Multiple users are using the device and there are pending uploads from another user.