Esri's U.S. Market Potential data provides details about the products and services consumers want and the civic attitudes they have. The database is based on survey data from GfK MRI and provides the expected number of consumers and a Market Potential Index (MPI) for thousands of items in the following categories:
Automobiles and Automotive Products
Household Goods and Services
Baby Products, Toys and Games
Food and Beverage
Esri uses the following methodology for Market Potential data:
The following sample Market Potential reports are available:
- Electronics and Internet Marketing Potential (PDF)
- Finances Market Potential (PDF)
- Health and Beauty Market Potential (PDF)
- Pets and Products Market Potential (PDF)
- Restaurant Market Potential (PDF)
- Retail Market Potential (PDF)
- Sports and Leisure Market Potential (PDF)
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit Esri's Apps for Everyone.
For information on how many credits are needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
- 2018 Market Potential (PDF)
How to get it
Esri's Market Potential data is available in various products including:
- Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps.
- ArcGIS Business Analyst
- ArcGIS Community Analyst
- ArcGIS Maps for Office
- ArcGIS Maps for Power BI
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service
- ArcGIS Online— Browse Living Atlas Layers and Enrich Layers
For information about purchasing Esri's Market Potential data as a stand-alone dataset, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.