ArcGIS Dashboards provides the tools to create dashboards with your data. A dashboard includes two views: a desktop view that is optimized for viewing the dashboard on large screens, and a mobile view that is optimized for viewing the dashboard on mobile devices. Once your dashboard's desktop view is configured, you can create a mobile view using the same elements or new ones.
Before you begin creating a dashboard, verify that you are signed in to your organization with privileges to create content.
Create a desktop view
To create a dashboard's desktop view, complete the following steps:
- Click the app launcher button in the header of the site and click Dashboards.
You can also create a dashboard from Map Viewer, the gallery, content page, or item page in your organization. For more information, see Create apps from maps.
- Click Create dashboard.
- Provide a title for the dashboard.
- Optionally, specify search tags, a summary, and a target folder.
- Click Create dashboard.
The desktop view opens empty, and you can begin to add elements.
Create a mobile view
Once you have added your dashboard's elements to the desktop view, you can create a mobile view of the dashboard for users on mobile devices.
To create a dashboard's mobile view, complete the following steps:
- Click the View button on the dashboard toolbar to open the View pane.
- Click Add mobile view.
The mobile view is created and you can begin to add elements. As you add elements to your mobile view, consider some best practices for designing dashboards that are viewed on mobile devices.
When a dashboard with a mobile view opens, the device's screen size is used to load the optimal view of the dashboard. A screen size threshold of up to 600 pixels wide is used, unless the dashboard URL includes a dashboard view parameter.
Once you have created a dashboard, you must add elements. Elements allow you to visualize data in a meaningful way. The types of elements you add should be relevant to the information and the view in which users will see your dashboard.
To add an element to a dashboard, do the following:
- From the empty dashboard view, click the Add element button.
- Choose an element from the drop-down list. Optionally for the mobile view, choose an element already configured on the desktop view to copy over.
If you copy an element from your desktop view to your mobile view, all element configurations, except for actions, are copied.
For new elements, the configuration window for the element opens and you can start configuring your element.
- Once configuration is complete, click Done.
- To add another element, click the Add element button on the dashboard toolbar.
You can now add an element to any location on the dashboard's layout.
- Click the Add element button at the location where you want to add your element.
- Choose an element from the drop-down list and configure the element.
- Repeat for each new element.
Optionally, you can click Add element or Copy element from the View pane and choose an element from the list.
After you add an element to a dashboard's view, it appears in the View pane. You can click the Options button next to the element to open its menu. From the options menu, you can do any of the following:
- Configure —Open the element's configuration.
- Duplicate —Duplicate the element.
- Update —For elements on the mobile view that were copied over from the desktop view, update the element to reflect any changes made to the element on the desktop view.
- Rename —Edit the element's name.
- Delete —Delete the element.
You can also hover over the upper corner of the element to display the menu options, including the option to drag the element to rearrange the layout.