Enable Open Data
ArcGIS Open Data allows your organization to use the ArcGIS platform to provide the public with open access to their authoritative data. Once you've enabled open data capabilities for your organization, configure a site with your own look and feel and specify open data groups to share your authoritative data through the site. The general public uses your open data site to interact with data through charts, tables, and maps to help them learn about your community. They can discover, explore, download, and comment on the data. Enabling open data capabilities is a privilege reserved for the administrator role.
To enable open data capabilities, follow the steps below:
- Verify that you are signed in as an administrator of your organization.
- Browse to My Organization and click Edit Settings > Open Data.
- Click Open Data on the left side of the page.
- Click Enable Open Data. Your organization's open data site is now enabled.
The page includes information to help you get started and manage your open data capabilities including options to manage sites, create open data groups, assign members to open data groups, and view your existing sites, groups, and content. See Open Data Help for more details.
- To disable open data capabilities, click Disable Open Data.