This is an archive related to a previous version of Esri Maps for MicroStrategy.
If you need the current version go to http://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-microstrategy/.
Create the mobile app archive
To share your app with testers or distribute it to in-house users, you must create an application archive and install the archived app on the users' devices. You must then connect to the mobile server with the installed plug-in on each mobile device. The mobile app is supported on iPad devices with iOS 8.x installed.
- Choose the MicroStrategyMobile project in the Xcode Project Navigator.
- In the window on the right, choose the MicroStrategyMobileIPad target.
- Click the Build Settings tab, set the view to All, scroll down to the Deployment section, and set Skip Install to No.
- From the Product menu, choose Scheme > Edit Scheme to display the Scheme dialog box.
- In the left column, choose Archive.
- From the Scheme drop-down menu, choose MicroStrategyMobileIPad.
- From the Destination drop-down menu, choose iOS Device.
- From the Build Configuration drop-down menu, choose Release.
- Specify a name for the archive and click OK.
- From the Product menu, choose Archive.
Xcode creates an archive for you.
- To share your app, do the following:
- Click Distribute.
- Click Save for Enterprise or Ad-Hoc Deployment.
- Click Next.
- Confirm the signing identity. Click Export and choose the location and name for your IPA file.
Install the archived app on the device
- Make sure your mobile device has a provisioning profile.
- In iTunes, choose File > Add to Library, and then choose the IPA file that was created in the previous step.
- Connect a mobile device to the computer, and then choose it in the Devices list in iTunes.
- Click the Apps tab and choose the app in the list.
- Click Install and Apply.
Connect to the mobile server on the mobile device
After creating the archive and installing the archived app on each user’s device, you must connect to the mobile server with the installed plug-in on each mobile device. Once this is done, you will be able to use Esri Maps for MicroStrategy Mobile on the device.