In Esri Maps for IBM Cognos, you can interact with the map and other objects in a report in different ways. If the report author has enabled pop-ups, you can click a feature on the map to display a pop-up with information about the feature.
If pop-ups are available, you can zoom to the selected feature by clicking the Zoom to button on the pop-up. You can also view visualizations that provide rich contextual information about the areas surrounding the selected feature by clicking the Infographics button. For more information, see Use infographics.
Using infographics consumes ArcGIS service credits. To help you estimate how many service credits you will use, see Service Credits Overview.
Depending on what the report author has configured, pop-ups may include interactive behavior buttons that let you initiate interactivity between the map and other objects in the report. Interactive behaviors that might be accessible from pop-ups include the following:
- Update report objects—Update all related objects (charts, lists, data crosstabs, and so on) for which the action was defined.
- Set prompt—Initiate a prompt for running a defined query on the report.
- Drill through—Run and display other reports containing related data associated with the selected point or region.
If configured by the report author, interactive behaviors can also be triggered by making selections with the drawing tools or by clicking features on the map. For more information, see Trigger interactive behaviors. The report author may have also configured interactivity initiated by interacting with a report object to update features on the map.
- To display a pop-up with information about a feature, click the feature on the map.
If the report author enabled pop-ups for the layer, a pop-up appears.
Click the Previous and Next arrows on the pop-up to scroll through available features displayed in the current map extent. The feature counter in the upper left alerts you to the number of features available for viewing.
You can click the Zoom to button on the pop-up to zoom to the selected feature.
Click the Infographics button at the bottom right of the pop-up to see graphical information about the areas around your feature. For more information, see Use infographics.
Infographics are only available if enabled by your organization's administrator and by the report author.
- If the report author configured interactive behaviors initiated from the pop-up, click a feature to display its pop-up and do the following:
- If an Update report objects behavior was configured, click the Update report objects button on the pop-up.
- If a Set prompt behavior was configured, click the Set prompt button on the pop-up.
- If a Drill through behavior was configured, click the Drill through button on the pop-up.