- What is ArcGIS Hub discussions?
- Who can participate in discussions?
- Under which ArcGIS Hub license can I use the discussions feature?
- Where can I find discussions in Hub?
- What types of content are supported by Hub discussions?
- In a discussion about a map, can I include a location as part of a post or reply?
- How do I control the privacy of my discussions?
- How do I keep track of a conversation outside of Hub?
- Can a discussion have guidelines or ground rules attached to it?
- Can a discussion be closed or deleted?
- Can a discussion be translated?
- What are some future capabilities to anticipate?
For geospatial content items (map-based), users can connect the post or reply to an existing geographic feature or to a feature they draw on the map (currently desktop-only). For map-based content, you can select only dataset type items. You can connect multiple geographic features to a post or reply.
Esri has its own Terms and Conditions, and a code of conduct document is being evaluated specifically for Hub discussions.
The capabilities of discussions will later be expanded to other areas of ArcGIS Hub. This includes the ability to use the feature from the group profile (group-based discussions), have new formats of discussions, and include external stakeholders.
Review the Discussions—A new way to communicate and collaborate within ArcGIS Hub blog post for an overview of discussions and its capabilities. Read the Have you heard about Hub discussions blog post to learn about sample use cases, work flows, and details about how discussions can apply to your work.