Available with Business Analyst license.
The installation process copies the necessary files to your machine so you can work with the Business Analyst Desktop, Business Analyst for ArcGIS Pro or Business Analyst Enterprise software. Before installing the 2019 data, close all applications on your computer and verify that your computer meets the system requirements.
A minimum of Business Analyst Desktop or newer versions are required to install the 2019 Data Update. Business Analyst 10.3.1 or earlier versions are not supported.
Downloading and installing from My Esri
Each 7-Zip file size is around 10.5 Gb. Make sure you have about 65 Gb of free space on the disk where these files will be downloaded and another 85 Gb on the disk to where the data will be extracted. Once extracted, you will begin the installation process. If they go to the same disk, then you are going to need another 85 Gb of free space on that disk. After you finish installation of the data, you can delete approximately 150 Gb of setup and 7-Zip files.
The 7-Zip open source program is required to extract and automatically reassemble the Business Analyst Data file archives. You will need to install 7-Zip to extract the necessary files from the downloads. Current 7-Zip users will want to install the latest version - ensuring a more efficient extraction process. You may download 7-Zip from the official site: http://www.7-zip.org/.
- On the My Esri site, click My Organizations and click Downloads.
- Verify that you are in the Products section. Enter Business Analyst or Business into the Quick Search text box.
A list of Business Analyst products will be shown under the Products heading.
- Look for ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop with 2019 U.S. Data and ensure the version is 10.7.1. Click View Downloads.
- Within the Download Components tab, click Data and Content to expand the list of files.
For the 2019 U.S. Data Update there will be six files. Each will need to be downloaded to a folder on your local drive.
- Beside the first file, #1 ArcGIS Business Analyst 2019 Data (U.S.A.), Click Download.
The Download Manager window is launched.
- Click Click to download your file now.
Note:Depending on your browser you may be prompted to select a location to where you want the file downloaded.
- Repeat the process for the remaining five files.
For the 2019 U.S. Data Update there will be six files downloaded to a folder on your local drive. They are as follows:
- Right click ESRI_BA_2019_US_Data_Update.7z.001 and click 7-Zip > Extract Here.
You will only need to extract from the first compressed file (ESRI_BA_2019_US_Data_Update.7z.001). The extraction process automatically extracts and reassembles Files 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, and 006 to create a full 2019 Data Update setup. Do not attempt to extract Files 002, 003, 004, 005, or 006.
Once the files are extracted you will have a folder called ESRI_BA_2019_US_Data_Update that will contain a setup installer and all accompanying files.
- Run the setup installer from ESRI_BA_2019_US_Data_Update folder to install the data components. As you click through the install process you will be presented with
two installation options:
- Typical - This is the default installation, which will automatically load all Business Analyst data components to your local hard drive to a default location, C:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US_2019\Data
- Custom - The Custom option is recommended for users with limited disk space on the local hard drive where ArcGIS Desktop is located or for those who do not need to install all the data components. This option allows you to select which data components you wish to install and where you want to install them. You can also choose to not install any data components, and run Business Analyst from the USB media or from a network location.
The following is a list of Business Analyst components and their approximate sizes:
Streets Data Fast Map
Geocoding Data for ArcGIS Pro
ZIP4 Geocoding Data
0.8 GBThree .mxd files: (2019 Business Analyst, 2019 Business Analyst Web and 2019 Business Analyst Fast Map) are created and assessable through shortcuts on you desktop.
Installing from a thumb drive
If installing directly from a USB drive you will follow the directions above - starting from step 7.
Authorizing StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS locators
To enable StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS North America locators, 10.7.1 authorization files—that is, ESU123456789 for StreetMap Premium North America For Pro are provided via My Esri (Business Analyst Enterprise users will also get StreetMap Premium North America For ArcGIS Enterprise authorization files).
StreetMap Premium North America (both For Pro and For Enterprise) will appear in your My Esri Downloads list as they are made available to enable the authorizations only. Do not download these files - all required geocoding files are included in the 2019 U.S. Data.
To enable your Streetmap Premium authorization files perform the following steps.
- On the My Esri site, click My Organizations then click Licensing.
- In the Quick Search text box, enter StreetMap Premium or streetmap.
- Look for StreetMap Premium North America For Pro or StreetMap Premium North America For ArcGIS Enterprise. Click Details.
A list of authorization files will appear.
- Apply the authorizations via the ArcGIS Licensing process.