A data source loads static or near real-time data into a real-time or big data analytic. In real-time analytics, data sources load data used in conjunction with tools that require an ancillary spatial or tabular dataset to enrich, filter, join to, or calculate distance from events. In big data analytics, data sources load the data that will be processed by tools and written to outputs.
The following data source types are available in ArcGIS Analytics for IoT:
- Feature Layer
- Feature Layer (archive)
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob storage
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Website (Poll)
- Standard Geographies
- An environmental scientist configures an Amazon S3 source in a big data analytic to load hundreds of delimited CSV files for analysis.
- A GIS analyst configures a Feature Layer source within a real-time analytic to load US Census Tracts to enrich incoming sensor observations with information about the census tract they intersect.
Add a source
Sources can be added to existing real-time or big data analytics. Additionally, a source can be added when creating a new big data analytic. Follow the steps below to add a source when creating a new big data analytic:
- Open the ArcGIS Analytics for IoT application.
- Navigate to the Big Data Analytics page.
- Click Create Analytic.
- Choose the source type you would like to create by clicking All sources. Source types include:
- Web & Messaging
- Social Media
- Click the source type you would like to configure.
- Provide source configuration details. These configuration parameters will vary depending upon the source type selected.
- Next, configure the schema, key fields, and polling settings in the same way for all source types. For more information, see Configure input data.
- Once the source is configured, it will be available in the a new big data analytic.
You can now add and configure tools to analyze your data and send the results of your analysis to various outputs.
Edit a source
An existing source within a real-time or big data analytic can be edited to make adjustments to connection properties, schema configuration, key fields, and polling settings. To edit a source in an analytic, use one of the two options below:
- In workflow view, expand the Source pane. In model view, double-click the source node to see additional details.
- Click the edit button to access the source configuration wizard.