The June 2022 update of ArcGIS Velocity includes enhancements and quality improvements. Highlights are provided below.
- Support for Query Top Features API methods on ArcGIS Velocity hosted spatiotemporal feature layers allows you to return a feature set based on the top features by order within a group.
- The orderByFields was added to the Query Top Features API method allowing you to sort and order the responses from the data store using one or more fields from outFields.
- Support for lastEditDate API method. The lastEditDate reflects the most recent date that any features were changed, whether via user editing or automated ingestion, and includes changes such as deletes of features.
- Support for Query Date Bins in ArcGIS Velocity hosted spatiotemporal feature layers, which provides summaries of records based on a date field and grouped into bins such as day, month, or year.
- Enhancements such that ArcGIS Velocity hosted spatiotemporal feature layers can support relative date queries with fractional/decimal relative date ranges.
- Important updates to backend libraries and dependencies.
Feeds, data sources, and outputs
- The Kafka feed type's authentication options have been enhanced to support SASL/SCRAM.
- The Kafka output type's authentication options have been enhanced to support SASL PLAIN (optionally with SSL) and SASL/SCRAM.
- OAuth 2.0 support has been added for the HTTP output as well as the HTTP Poller source type.
- The HTTP output type now supports PUT and DELETE methods as well as accepting additional successful response codes.
- Feed history metrics have been enhanced to display the chart y-axis dynamically based on the minimum and maximum data rates that have been observed over the given time period.
- New support for the FromJSON function in ArcGIS Arcade to support parsing complex JSON data into separate data attributes.
- Improvements to the Filter by Time Range tool validation reporting for scenarios when the incoming data does not have time configured.
- Validation enhancements to reporting meaningful errors if users configure a dynamic geofencing expiration time window in excess of the limit.
- User experience enhancements to prevent analytic configurations that create a logic loop.
Data management and visualization
- When creating a new feed, real-time analytic, or big data analytic, you can now specify a folder the item should be published to in your ArcGIS Online organization.
- Feeds now support the ability to define symbology including simple, class breaks, and unique value rendering. For details, see Work with feeds.
- Feature Layer outputs from real-time and big data analytics can now be configured to write data to existing ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers, in addition to creating new layers at run-time.