The April 2021 update of ArcGIS Velocity includes enhancements and new functionality. Highlights are provided below.
- ArcGIS Velocity subscriptions can now be hosted in Europe in addition to the United States. When purchasing an ArcGIS Velocity subscription, you can now choose Europe as the deployment region. Velocity subscriptions hosted in Europe will perform all data ingestion and processing in Europe, and output data hosted in spatiotemporal feature layers (the default) will be stored in Europe. ArcGIS Online item metadata is still stored in the US region.
- The ArcGIS Velocity subscription does not need to be in the same region as the underlying ArcGIS Online subscription.
- Feature layers hosted in ArcGIS Velocity now support the creation of feature layer views, enabling you to set different combinations of data filtering and editing options and share the view to different sets of users. For details, see Create hosted feature layer views and Data access and editing.
- Feature layers hosted in ArcGIS Velocity have been enhanced to support relative date queries such as those used in ArcGIS Dashboards. This more easily enables dynamic display of the most recent information.
- Improvements to subscription utilization metrics to display total incoming data velocity across all feeds and improvements to subscription administration pages to display running items and feature layers in tables with user ownership and other information. For details, see Manage and monitor compute and storage.
- Enhancements to support Z and M information for incoming polyline and polygon features.
Feeds, data sources, and outputs
- A new feed type has been added to receive GPS fleet vehicle tracks from Verizon Connect Reveal.
- The HTTP Poller feed type is enhanced to support OAuth authentication mechanisms, including separate access token and refresh token workflows. This broadens support for bringing in data from many vendor and data provider APIs.
- The Azure Blob Store and Amazon S3 data sources now support the ability to ingest only files that are new since the last run. This capability can be leveraged in scheduled big data analytics to retrieve new information being written to these cloud stores by another system.
- The Azure Event Hub feed type has been enhanced with a new parameter to specify the consumer group.
- A new output type has been added to push outgoing messages to an Azure Event Hub. This enables organizations to route output events to other Azure service destinations.
- For real-time analytics, output data can now be written to feature layers hosted as part of the organization's ArcGIS Online subscription. For details, see the Feature Layer (new) output.
- Logging enhancements for feeds to report when a feed is exceeding the subscription maximum velocity (for Standard & Advanced license levels), and new notifications for administrators when total subscription velocity is exceeding the subscription maximum.
- A new tool, Detect Gaps, has been added for both real-time and big data analytics. This tool can be used to detect when any unique asset, vehicle, or device has stopped reporting observations, given a specified gap duration.
- A new tool, Control Event Volume, has been added for real-time analytics. This tool can be used to filter observations for the same Track ID such that only a given number of events will be emitted over a given time interval. This tool is useful when paired with output email or text notifications to avoid over-reporting on an ongoing incident.
- A new tool, Generalized Linear Regression, has been added for big data analytics. This tool can be used to model a dependent variable in terms of its relationship to a set of explanatory variables. Once a satisfactory model has been created, the tool can be used to generate predictions on new information.
- Snap to Network was enhanced with a new Join Fields parameter to append chosen fields from the street network data to the target features. This is useful for example in asset tracking and transportation workflows to enrich an asset or track with the posted road speed limit and detect speeding.
- Various app enhancements to display current and last run information on the analytic details page and support for top-down model arrangement and the ability to resize nodes in model view.