The HTTP Simulator feed type in ArcGIS Velocity simulates events in real-time using a web-accessible file according to a specified rate and quantity of features.
- An emergency management operations specialist replays historical data in support of preparedness exercises for future events.
- A data analyst wants to test real-time visualization and analytics using their existing data.
- When simulating track-based data, sort the data first by time stamp; then sort by Track ID.
- After configuring feed connection parameters, see Configure input data to learn how to define the schema and the key parameters.
The full URL to the externally accessible simulation file.
The character, or delimiter, that separates field values in the simulation file.
Features per Execution
The number of records (features) to simulate at a time.
If the data is sorted by time stamp and Track ID, and there are an equal number of observations for each track, set the parameter to the number of unique tracks in the data.
Interval for Sending Events (milliseconds)
The interval between sending the number of Features per Execution value.
Set this to 1000 to simulate a set of features once per second.
Specifies whether the simulation will be restarted automatically from the beginning when the end of the file is reached.
Time Field Index
The numerical index of the date field in the dataset in which the index starts at 0.
For example, if the date field is the second field, the index is 1.
Convert to Current Time
Specifies whether the time values in the dataset will be converted to the current time as the data is simulated. This allows mapping apps to treat the data as real-time data.
Considerations and limitations
- The HTTP Simulator feed supports delimited text files only.
- The simulation file must be publicly available on the internet and the size of the file cannot exceed 16 MB. If the file size exceeds 16 MB, features may not be ingested.