AppStudio for ArcGIS is in constant development to improve as a platform for you to create, build, and share your apps. Here you'll find a short list of what's being worked on for the future.
These features have limited availability in the released product, but more work is required for them to become documented and supported features. You are invited to try them out and provide your feedback.
- Video effects
- Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
- 64-bit support for Android apps
- Interapp communication
- Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) support
- Bluetooth LE beacon support
- Haptic feedback
- Platform-neutral file selection dialog box
- Keep device awake
- Open app through URL
- Native camera integration
- Scripting and expression support
For additional details, search the appstudio-beta tag on the AppStudio GeoNet blog.
The AppStudio team is currently working to add the following:
- Machine learning
- Download manager
- Speech recognition
Over time, the team plans to add the following:
- Access to device calendar
- Push notifications