Features are added to QuickCapture progressively. Those features are listed here by release.
Version 1.18.93 November 2023
- Arcade expressions for field calculations are supported.
- Web map layers can be turned off and on.
- Autosend intervals of 1, 5, 10, and 30 minutes have been added.
- Data recovery file can be used to repair and submit records.
- When the map is displayed after capture, but the point location is not updated, GNSS variables are longer cleared.
- Fixed a bug in which publicly shared projects prompted sign in.
- Fixed a bug in which all project user input parameters needed to be included in a URL to launch a project.
- Fixed a bug in which lines captured in layers with optimized drawing enabled appeared overgeneralized.
- On iOS, Geneq SxBlue II and SxBlue III are supported.
Version 1.17.47 May 2023
- On iOS and Android, video of up to 10 seconds can now be captured.
- Callback, center, and action parameters have been added for use in URLs to launch QuickCapture.
- Added handling of the GPS week number rollover required for some Samsung devices to capture correct location time stamps.
- Fixed bugs regarding text misalignment, truncation, wrong formatting or language, when QuickCapture is used in languages other than English.
- Fixed a bug where updates are not shown in the map if the app has been open for more the 30 minutes.
- Fixed a bug where lines captured at speed appear in the wrong direction when using arrow symbology.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in failure to send records to ArcGIS Enterprise.
- On Android, fixed a bug in which app linking may not work as expected on some devices.
- Configure capture of photos, video, or both.
- New icons added to the Trail management category of the icon gallery.
Version 1.16.294 January 2023
- Fixed a bug where line capture stops unexpectedly when multiple button groups are open.
- On iOS 16, fixed a bug where voice control did not work.
Version 1.16.292 December 2022
- Date time values can be provided in either button or project user inputs.
- Button user inputs of type text can be populated by scanning a barcode.
- Projects automatically update when configured by the project author.
- Specify date time (with an optional default value or date range) for either button or project user inputs.
- Enable barcode scanning for button user inputs of type text.
- Configure the mobile app to automatically update downloaded projects for organization users.
Version 1.15.146 September 2022
- Support was added for the Location Sharing user type extension.
- Maximum character limits are now honored by each individual button user input that is applied to a single button.
Version 1.15.143 September 2022
Fixed a bug where the project map caused the app to crash when leaving the app running for a long time.
Version 1.15.125 September 2022
- A button can have up to three button user inputs.
- A button can have the button user input page shown at the start or end of data capture.
- A new variable was added: sessionId. A unique ID is generated every time location sharing is turned on.
- On iOS, Juniper Systems Geode is supported.
- A button can be configured to have up to three button user inputs.
- A project author can specify whether the button user input is shown at the start or end of data capture.
- Create project user inputs from the fields that have a coded value domain.
- A new variable was added:sessionId. A unique ID is generated every time location sharing is turned on.
Website July 2022
- A null value (as opposed to an empty string) will be saved to non text fields when no value is assigned to the field.
Version 1.14.71 June 2022
- Fixed a bug when signing in with PKI that caused app to stop responding.
- Fixed a bug where a sharing warning was incorrectly shown for web map layers inside a group.
Version 1.14.67 June 2022
- Edit map now shows other captured records.
- New variables were added: batteryLevel, batteryState, powerMode, and powerSource. See Device variables.
- Bulgarian is now a supported language.
- On Android, fixed a bug in which expected position information from high-accuracy receivers was not displayed or saved in the app.
- Create project user inputs from project settings.
- New icons added to the Community category of the icon gallery.
- Bulgarian is now a supported language.
- QR code is now available in the Sharing window, even if not shared with others.
- When saving a project, a warning is given for layers that do not have the supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds capability set to true. See Prepare a feature layer.
- When sharing a project, sharing of associated web maps and map layers is checked, and a warning is given for unshared maps and layers.
Version 1.13.364 March 2022
- On Android, when QuickCapture is returned from background, the keyboard displays as expected.
- Fixed a bug on Android 6 that caused QuickCapture armv7 to crash on startup.
Version 1.13.360 March 2022
- Map load times for editing workflows were improved.
- Sort and search for projects in My workspace and Get projects pages.
- Split-screen views are adjustable (resize with slider).
- Share coordinates of the user from the mobile app.
- New variables were added: projectName, installUUID, fullName, firstName, lastName, email.
- Configure last known location (LKL) only mode for location sharing.
- Define the category attribute for the tracking and last known location layers.
- Enable a prompt for the user to improve the accuracy of a captured point by locating it on a map.
- New icons were added to the Transportation category, and a new category of Conservation icons was added.
- Set coordinate notation format for the project.
- New variables were added: Project name, Install UUID, Fullname, First name, Last name, Email.
Version 1.12.104 December 2021
- Location sharing (tracks and last known location) has been added.
- Project user input variables included in opened URLs will now populate button fields.
- Improvements to translations: fixed truncated text, removed overtranslation, added right-to-left placement of numeric symbols.
- Satellite sky plot is now displayed on Android devices using the internal location sensor.
- On Android, a subset of the full set of GNSS variables is visible on the location status page when using an external receiver connected via a mock location provider.
- On Android, a subset of the full set of GNSS variables can now be populated when using an external GNSS receiver connected via a mock location provider. For more information, see Device variables.
- On Android, satellite sky plot and NMEA log are visible on the location status page when using the integrated location provider.
- Enable location sharing for a project.
- When enabling oriented imagery, the project will first be saved before adding the required fields, and a new feature layer view will be created for sharing oriented imagery with ArcGIS users.
Version 1.11.84 September 2021
- Honor the autosend policy set by organization administrators.
- Current extent of web map will remain displayed when the device goes offline.
- Default offline map included in the app.
- Added power saving mode warning for Android users.
- Added deviceModel variable.
- Button user inputs now displayed as a full page.
- Capture photo metadata for oriented imagery (no longer beta).
- Organization administrators can specify autosend policy.
- Manage multiple project user inputs from Settings.
- Assign deviceModel variable to text fields.
- Added autosave when switching between batch and individual editing of user inputs.
- Configure capture of photo metadata for oriented imagery (no longer beta).
Version 1.10.196 August 2021
- Fixed issue where user could not search a user input choice list.
Version 1.10.190 August 2021
- Take multiple photos for a captured record.
- Use multiple project user inputs in a project.
- Stability and performance improvements have been made for collecting continuous features.
- Line vertices that exceed the set accuracy threshold are discarded.
- Slovak is now a supported language.
- Support has been added for SAML PKI using an external browser to sign in.
- Added cancel option to button user input dialog, to support discarding records captured in error.
- Hint length has been increased from 2 to 4 lines for project and button user inputs.
- Configure button to capture multiple photos.
- Configure multiple user inputs for a project.
- Support choice lists for button user input.
- Time limit can be set to allow update or delete of observations after capture.
Website May 2021
- Select and apply a button image from the icon gallery.
- Apply the magneticDeclination variable to decimal fields.
- Additional configuration (project title, directory, and recovery email) has been introduced when deploying a template.
- New project settings menu provides easier access.
- Slovak is now a supported language.
Version 1.9.127 February 2021
- Split screen functionality now works in both landscape and portrait tablet orientations.
- Photos are now removed from the device after a feature is sent.
- Camera flash state last used is now remembered when taking photos.
- Stability and performance improvements affect sign in, data capture, data upload, and map display.
- New icon added to continuous buttons to clearly indicate when they are active.
- Colors updated on button flashes to improve contrast and make them clearer.
- The Windows app installer now identifies previous versions of the app and allows users to install on top of the previous installation.
Version 1.8.93 December 2020
- Sign in to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and 10.7.1 is now working.
Version 1.8.92 December 2020
- Stability and performance improvements affect camera, data capture, data upload, and map display.
- The app automatically calculates the magnetic declination for use in device variables and photo EXIF.
- Webhooks are now additionally invoked when line and polygon features are submitted.
- Link buttons can now pass the location to a survey geopoint question.
- You can use photo location to update the geometry of the captured record.
- A free text option was added to project user input choice lists.
- New device variables horizontal field of view (hfov), vertical field of view (vfov), and magnetic declination are supported.
- An option was added to enable oriented imagery for projects (BETA).
- Templates now include related items such as feature layer views, web maps, and dashboards.
- Configure link buttons to pass the location to a survey geopoint question.
- Configure buttons to use the photo location to update the location of the captured record.
- Configure the free text option for project user input choice lists.
- Assign vertical and horizontal field of view (hfov), vertical field of view (vfov), and magnetic declination variables to fields.
- Configure label size of buttons in designer.
- Configure project download links to force the user to sign into the app using an external browser.
Version 1.7.56 September 2020
- New device variables have been added, including geometry lengths and areas, coordinate formats, photo location, and direction.
- EXIF metadata is now saved in captured photos.
- Support has been added for link buttons, bigger buttons, and locked groups of buttons.
- Support has been added for choice lists as a project user input.
- Based on the functionality used in a project, a minimum required version of the app may be enforced.
- Sign in workflow when an AppConfig portalURL is used has been updated.
- Add and configure link buttons in projects.
- Configure choice lists as a project user input.
- Additional button sizes—x large and xx large—have been added.
- Lock a group so that it is not collapsible.
- Based on included functionality, a minimum required version of the mobile app will be set when saving a project.
- Enhance the project preview experience with more elements available in the preview screen.
Version 1.6.85 July 2020
- Peer-to-peer project sharing has been added.
- Use the default basemap of your ArcGIS organization.
- Trigger update notifications for projects by dragging and releasing the workspace page.
- Map recenters on the user's location after 6 seconds when manually panning while in either recenter or navigation mode.
- Record and play back an NMEA log so that you can demonstrate your project anywhere.
- Camera flash is now working.
- App is now available in Microsoft Store.
- Automatically share associated layers and maps when sharing a project.
- Collaborative design of projects.
- Use a group to configure which templates are available for your organization.
- Disable the ability to update the location of a point.
- Create folders when creating a project.
Version 1.5.49 May 2020
- Improved launch and sharing of projects with app links.
- Sign in with PKI authentication added.
- Change unit setting used by the app.
- Support for webhooks added.
- Errors and warnings now presented to the project author when saving and sharing a project.
- Create a new project from projects shared with you or templates.
- Ability to configure webhook added.
- Improved app links created for launching and sharing of projects.
- QuickCapture connector added to Make.
Version 1.4.104 February 2020
- Split screen to view buttons and map side by side.
- Map can now always be viewed, even when data has been sent.
- Autopan mode added to the map to keep centered on the user's location.
- Ability to predefine a portalURL using (MDM) AppConfig.
- Reduced size of iOS installation file.
- Records are now sent in batches instead of individually, making sending faster.
- Choose Save project as to duplicate an existing project.
- Online and offline maps can be configured in the designer.
- Enable and preview split screen.
- When you create a new project from existing feature layers, buttons are now created using layer symbology instead of feature templates.
- iPhone 11 layouts have been added for device preview.
Version 1.3.114 December 2019
- Use custom web maps with secured services as your project map.
- Use offline maps as your project map (downloaded from ArcGIS Online only).
- Use projects shared publicly.
- Typed portal URLs are now remembered.
- Improvements to the uploading of streaming points.
- Landscape images are now correctly rotated on iOS.
- Photo capture can be set as optional.
- Required and recommended accuracy thresholds can be defined.
- Configure capture of streaming points.
- Configure capture of user input for the project or for individual buttons.
- Share projects publicly with ArcGIS Hub Premium.
- Automatically map device variables to fields with expected field names.
- Improved project validation to help avoid submission errors in the app.
- Web designer is now installed with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 (includes snapshot of documentation for offline viewing).
Version 1.2.114 October 2019
- Use a custom web map as your project map.
- Enter a user input after tapping a button to capture data.
- Immediate upload of data is now available.
- Improved location capture on Android devices using the internal location sensor.
- Ability to launch a QuickCapture project from a link or by scanning a QR code.
- Photos can now be optional.
- Enforced minimum accuracy for capture.
- Battery consumption improvements.
- Manage layers used by the project and set defaults for each field.
- Prevent multiple line or polygon buttons for capturing data at the same time by placing buttons in exclusivity groups.
- Generate links and QR codes to use for sharing projects with others.
- Duplicate and delete buttons.
- Drag new buttons and groups.
- The web designer is now translated. See Supported languages.
Version 1.1.50 July 2019
- The mobile app is now translated. See Supported languages.
- Closing a project now provides the option to end all active line and polygon captures.
- Scan a barcode to populate the ArcGIS Enterprise URL in the mobile app.
- The data source for buttons can now be changed. This is limited to layers that were defined when the project was created.
- Creation of new groups and adding new or duplicate buttons is now supported.
- Improved drag-and-drop experience for buttons and groups.
Version 1.0.301 June 2019
- The QuickCapture mobile app is released to Google Play and the App Store. The Windows and Android apps are also available for download from the QuickCapture Resources page.
- The QuickCapture designer is available as a technical preview. To provide feedback and follow the progress of the updates to the designer, visit the Early Adopter Community website.