Features are added to QuickCapture progressively. Those features are listed here by release.
Version 1.11.84 September 2021
- Honor the autosend policy set by organization administrators.
- Current extent of web map will remain displayed when the device goes offline.
- Default offline map included in the app.
- Added power saving mode warning for Android users.
- Added deviceModel variable.
- Button user inputs now displayed as a full page.
- Capture photo metadata for oriented imagery (no longer beta).
- Organization administrators can specify autosend policy.
- Manage multiple project user inputs from Settings.
- Assign deviceModel variable to text fields.
- Added autosave when switching between batch and individual editing of user inputs.
- Configure capture of photo metadata for oriented imagery (no longer beta).
Version 1.10.196 August 2021
- Fixed issue where user could not search a user input choice list.
Version 1.10.190 August 2021
- Take multiple photos for a captured record.
- Use multiple project user inputs in a project.
- Stability and performance improvements have been made for collecting continuous features.
- Line vertices that exceed the set accuracy threshold are discarded.
- Slovak is now a supported language.
- Support has been added for SAML PKI using an external browser to sign in.
- Added cancel option to button user input dialog, to support discarding records captured in error.
- Hint length has been increased from 2 to 4 lines for project and button user inputs.
- Configure button to capture multiple photos.
- Configure multiple user inputs for a project.
- Support choice lists for button user input.
- Time limit can be set to allow update or delete of observations after capture.
Website May 2021
- Select and apply a button image from the icon gallery.
- Apply the magneticDeclination variable to decimal fields.
- Additional configuration (project title, directory, and recovery email) has been introduced when deploying a template.
- New project settings menu provides easier access.
- Slovak is now a supported language.
Version 1.9.127 February 2021
- Split screen functionality now works in both landscape and portrait tablet orientations.
- Photos are now removed from the device after a feature is sent.
- Camera flash state last used is now remembered when taking photos.
- Stability and performance improvements affect sign in, data capture, data upload, and map display.
- New icon added to continuous buttons to clearly indicate when they are active.
- Colors updated on button flashes to improve contrast and make them clearer.
- The Windows app installer now identifies previous versions of the app and allows users to install on top of the previous installation.
Version 1.8.93 December 2020
- Sign in to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and 10.7.1 is now working.
Version 1.8.92 December 2020
- Stability and performance improvements affect camera, data capture, data upload, and map display.
- The app automatically calculates the magnetic declination for use in device variables and photo EXIF.
- Webhooks are now additionally invoked when line and polygon features are submitted.
- Link buttons can now pass the location to a survey geopoint question.
- You can use photo location to update the geometry of the captured record.
- A free text option was added to project user input choice lists.
- New device variables horizontal field of view (hfov), vertical field of view (vfov), and magnetic declination are supported.
- An option was added to enable oriented imagery for projects (BETA).
- Templates now include related items such as feature layer views, web maps, and dashboards.
- Configure link buttons to pass the location to a survey geopoint question.
- Configure buttons to use the photo location to update the location of the captured record.
- Configure the free text option for project user input choice lists.
- Assign vertical and horizontal field of view (hfov), vertical field of view (vfov), and magnetic declination variables to fields.
- Configure label size of buttons in designer.
- Configure project download links to force the user to sign into the app using an external browser.
Version 1.7.56 September 2020
- New device variables have been added, including geometry lengths and areas, coordinate formats, photo location, and direction.
- EXIF metadata is now saved in captured photos.
- Support has been added for link buttons, bigger buttons, and locked groups of buttons.
- Support has been added for choice lists as a project user input.
- Based on the functionality used in a project, a minimum required version of the app may be enforced.
- Sign in workflow when an AppConfig portalURL is used has been updated.
- Add and configure link buttons in projects.
- Configure choice lists as a project user input.
- Additional button sizes—x large and xx large—have been added.
- Lock a group so that it is not collapsible.
- Based on included functionality, a minimum required version of the mobile app will be set when saving a project.
- Enhance the project preview experience with more elements available in the preview screen.
Version 1.6.85 July 2020
- Peer-to-peer project sharing has been added.
- Use the default basemap of your ArcGIS organization.
- Trigger update notifications for projects by dragging and releasing the workspace page.
- Map recenters on the user's location after 6 seconds when manually panning while in either recenter or navigation mode.
- Record and play back an NMEA log so that you can demonstrate your project anywhere.
- Camera flash is now working.
- App is now available in Microsoft Store.
- Automatically share associated layers and maps when sharing a project.
- Collaborative design of projects.
- Use a group to configure which templates are available for your organization.
- Disable the ability to update the location of a point.
- Create folders when creating a project.
Version 1.5.49 May 2020
- Improved launch and sharing of projects with app links.
- Sign in with PKI authentication added.
- Change unit setting used by the app.
- Support for webhooks added.
- Errors and warnings now presented to the project author when saving and sharing a project.
- Create a new project from projects shared with you or templates.
- Ability to configure webhook added.
- Improved app links created for launching and sharing of projects.
- QuickCapture connector added to Integromat.
Version 1.4.104 February 2020
- Split screen to view buttons and map side by side.
- Map can now always be viewed, even when data has been sent.
- Autopan mode added to the map to keep centered on the user's location.
- Ability to predefine a portalURL using (MDM) AppConfig.
- Reduced size of iOS installation file.
- Records are now sent in batches instead of individually, making sending faster.
- Choose Save project as to duplicate an existing project.
- Online and offline maps can be configured in the designer.
- Enable and preview split screen.
- When you create a new project from existing feature layers, buttons are now created using layer symbology instead of feature templates.
- iPhone 11 layouts have been added for device preview.
Version 1.3.114 December 2019
- Use custom web maps with secured services as your project map.
- Use offline maps as your project map (downloaded from ArcGIS Online only).
- Use projects shared publicly.
- Typed portal URLs are now remembered.
- Improvements to the uploading of streaming points.
- Landscape images are now correctly rotated on iOS.
- Photo capture can be set as optional.
- Required and recommended accuracy thresholds can be defined.
- Configure capture of streaming points.
- Configure capture of user input for the project or for individual buttons.
- Share projects publicly with ArcGIS Hub Premium.
- Automatically map device variables to fields with expected field names.
- Improved project validation to help avoid submission errors in the app.
- Web designer is now installed with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 (includes snapshot of documentation for offline viewing).
Version 1.2.114 October 2019
- Use a custom web map as your project map.
- Enter a user input after tapping a button to capture data.
- Immediate upload of data is now available.
- Improved location capture on Android devices using the internal location sensor.
- Ability to launch a QuickCapture project from a link or by scanning a QR code.
- Photos can now be optional.
- Enforced minimum accuracy for capture.
- Battery consumption improvements.
- Manage layers used by the project and set defaults for each field.
- Prevent multiple line or polygon buttons for capturing data at the same time by placing buttons in exclusivity groups.
- Generate links and QR codes to use for sharing projects with others.
- Duplicate and delete buttons.
- Drag new buttons and groups.
- The web designer is now translated. See Supported languages.
Version 1.1.50 July 2019
- The mobile app is now translated. See Supported languages.
- Closing a project now provides the option to end all active line and polygon captures.
- Scan a bar code to populate the ArcGIS Enterprise URL in the mobile app.
- The data source for buttons can now be changed. This is limited to layers that were defined when the project was created.
- Creation of new groups and adding new or duplicate buttons is now supported.
- Improved drag-and-drop experience for buttons and groups.
Version 1.0.301 June 2019
- The QuickCapture mobile app is released to Google Play and the App Store. The Windows and Android apps are also available for download from the QuickCapture Resources page.
- The QuickCapture designer is available as a technical preview. To provide feedback and follow the progress of the updates to the designer, visit the Early Adopter Community website.