- What are the supported platforms and system requirements?
- How do I get the app?
- How is ArcGIS QuickCapture licensed?
- How do I get started with the mobile app?
- How do I connect to my ArcGIS Enterprise organization?
- Why can't I sign in?
- How can I give feedback on the app?
- Can I roll back to a previous version of the app?
- Can I edit a project in the app?
QuickCapture is available for iOS, Android, and Windows. See Device requirements for more information.
ArcGIS QuickCapture is available from Google Play for Android devices, and the App Store for Apple devices. You can also download Android and Windows installation files from the QuickCapture resource page.
QuickCapture is available to those with an ArcGIS Online subscription or an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 or later account. To use projects, the Field Worker, Editor, Creator, or GIS Professional user type with the Field Apps bundle or QuickCapture add-on license is required. See ArcGIS account requirements for more information.
To start capturing data with the QuickCapture mobile app, you need to download a QuickCapture project. Projects are created using the QuickCapture designer and then shared with the signed in user. If you don't yet have access to your projects, you can download and test a selection of example projects using the Try it option in the mobile app.
Do the following if you are having trouble signing in:
- Verify that you typed your user name and password correctly.
- Ensure that your account is part of an ArcGIS organization and is a valid user type, and that the appropriate app bundle is assigned to you. See ArcGIS account requirements for more information.
To submit feedback directly from the mobile app, tap your profile icon and select Feedback from the menu. You can also provide feedback on the GeoNet QuickCapture community page or by sending an email to QuickCapture@esri.com. If you're experiencing issues using the app, contact Esri Technical Support.