- What are the supported platforms and system requirements?
- How do I get the app?
- How is ArcGIS QuickCapture licensed?
- How do I get started with the mobile app?
- How do I connect to my ArcGIS Enterprise organization?
- Why can't I sign in?
- How can I give feedback on the app?
- Can I roll back to a previous version of the app?
- Can I edit a project in the app?
- Why is my line or polygon not captured?
- How can I improve the location captured by my device?
- Can I use the mobile app without an ArcGIS account?
ArcGIS QuickCapture is available for iOS, Android, and Windows. See Device requirements for the mobile app for more information.
ArcGIS QuickCapture is available from Google Play for Android devices and the App Store for Apple devices. You can also download Android and Windows installation files from the QuickCapture Resources page.
To use projects, the Field Worker, Creator, or GIS Professional user type with the Field Apps Bundle is required. An Editor user type with a QuickCapture add-on license can also be used. See ArcGIS account requirements for more information.
To start capturing data with the QuickCapture mobile app, you need to download a QuickCapture project. Projects are created using the QuickCapture designer and then shared with the signed-in user. If you don't yet have access to your projects, you can download and test a selection of example projects using the Continue without signing in option in the mobile app.
When you start the app, sign in with ArcGIS Enterprise and enter the URL of your 10.7.1 or later portal. You will then be prompted for your ArcGIS Enterprise credentials.
Optionally click the QR code scanner to enter your portal address. QR codes are created using third-party apps or websites, and the portal URL in the QR code should be of the format https://host.domain.com/webadapter.
Do the following if you are having trouble signing in:
- Verify that you typed your user name and password correctly.
- Ensure that you are using an ArcGIS account, that it is a valid user type, and that the appropriate app bundle is assigned to you. See ArcGIS account requirements for more information.
To submit feedback directly from the mobile app, tap your profile icon and select Feedback from the menu. You can also provide feedback on the GeoNet QuickCapture community page or by sending an email to QuickCapture@esri.com. If you're experiencing issues using the app, contact Esri Technical Support.
No. Rolling back to a previous version of the app is not supported. For details, see the Product Life Cycle for ArcGIS QuickCapture.
You can improve the accuracy of the location captured by your device by using a high-accuracy receiver.
There is a broad range of GNSS receivers that can connect to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth.