Edit the map specification
If you want to apply the map specification of one map to another map, you can copy and paste all or parts of the map specification code. You can also edit the map specification for a map directly in the JSON code.
Editing the map specification is not recommended. Significant errors could be made, and unsupported changes could cause problems when reports are upgraded to a new version of the software.
- From the map menu, click Advanced and choose Show map specification.
- If you want to copy parts or all of the map specification into another map, do the following:
- Select the code that you want and copy it.
- Click Cancel to return to the map.
- Open the map into which you want to copy the map specification code.
- Click the Advanced menu and choose Show map specification.
- Paste the code you copied from the first map.
- Click Apply to apply the map specification from the first map to the second map.
The map updates to reflect the new map specification you applied.
- If you want to edit the map specification, make changes to the JSON code as needed. Click Apply when finished.
The map updates to reflect the changes you made.