Add data from ArcGIS
Esri Maps for MicroStrategy works directly with your organization's ArcGIS subscription, allowing you to search for content within your organization and, if enabled by your administrator, search for public content published by the GIS community, including Esri and local governments and agencies around the world. Adding data from ArcGIS is a quick and easy way to add content to your map to complement your existing MicroStrategy data. For example, you may have MicroStrategy data showing proposed store locations and want to add household income census data from ArcGIS for those areas to visually analyze trends.
- Sign in to ArcGIS if you are not already signed in.
- From the Add data menu, choose from ArcGIS.
This functionality is only available if it was enabled by the designer.
- Search for a layer to add to the map in any of the following ways:
- Enter one or more keywords and click Search to search all of ArcGIS Online. If desired, click My organization to narrow your results.
- Choose one of the popular search categories to browse available maps and services from Esri within that category.
- Enter one or more keywords and choose a category to search within that category.
The drop-down menu above the popular search categories allows you to show available data for the United States, Canada, and global regions. The option selected by default is the region of the user who is currently logged in. You can choose another option from the menu to filter results for both full-content and category searches. If you change the region, a new search is performed and the results are displayed immediately.
- Use advanced keyword searches to narrow your results by specifying how you want to search for an item. To learn how, see Use search.
If your organization's administrator has restricted the ability to search for content outside of your organization, the search only returns results from your organization, and the All results and My organization options are not visible.
- Check the Zoom to data check box if you want the map to zoom to the full extent of the data you add.
- Find the service you want and click Add.
A layer containing the data is added to the map and is listed in the Contents pane.
If you want more information about the data, you can click the Details link.