Esri offers both Business Locations and Business Summary data, allowing you to do the following:
- Discover opportunities by industry type, location, business size, sales volume, and employee statistics.
- Identify daytime and evening hiring opportunities by industry classification.
- Define the best types of merchandise to stock by retail industry sectors.
- Research the competitive impact on business opportunities.
Esri offers business data from Data Axle (formerly known as Infogroup) and SafeGraph.
Esri's Business Locations data is extracted from a comprehensive list of businesses licensed from Data Axle. The business list contains data for more than 13 million U.S. businesses, including name and location, franchise code, industrial classification code, number of employees, and sales.
Esri's Business Summary data summarizes the list of businesses from Data Axle for specified NAICS and SIC summary categories by geography and includes total number of businesses, total sales, and total number of employees for a trade area.
The Business Locations database business classifications include the following:
- Location SIC and NAICS industry classifications
- Annual sales
The Business Summary database provides statistics for the following:
- Total sales
- Total number of employees
- Number of businesses by industry
- Locations: April 2021
- Summary: January 2021
U.S. Business Locations is a point-level dataset.
- Quarterly (ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst web apps)
- Annually (ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop)
Esri uses the following methodology for business data:
The following sample business reports are available:
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit ArcGIS Apps.
For information about the number of credits needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
Business data is available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
For information about purchasing Esri Demographics data as stand-alone datasets, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Locations data from SafeGraph contains information about five million U.S. places, including name, location, industrial classification code, and brand. These places are defined as locations where consumers can spend money, time, or both and include restaurants, grocery stores, malls, parks, hospitals, museums, and more.
Locations: April 2021
Locations—Quarterly (ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst web apps)
The following document on the SafeGraph website includes the methodology for business data: Places Manual.
SafeGraph data is available in the following products: