Once you've installed ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, you need to sign in with an authorization code or licensed account to use the extension. There are three sign-in options:
- Complimentary Account—Allows you to access ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud using your email address. You will receive an email from Esri with an authorization code. The authorization code enables the extension on a single machine with full access to all public content hosted on ArcGIS Online as an anonymous user.
- Plus Account—Commercial-grade access at a low month-to-month cost to all premium maps and layers in ArcGIS Online and advanced features within the extension. You can subscribe and pay for your Plus account directly and securely through the sign-up page.
- ArcGIS Online—Sign in with your existing ArcGIS Online organizational account for access to all the advanced features within the extension, including the ability to share your maps to ArcGIS Online.
Review the functionality matrix for the benefits of using the three license types.
To sign in to ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, complete the following steps:
- Start Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- From the Window menu, choose Extensions and click ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud.
- In the window that opens, select a method for signing in. Follow the corresponding instructions to sign in and activate the extension.
If you're interested in setting up Plus or ArcGIS Online accounts for a team, fill out this form and we'll contact you.
- For Plus or ArcGIS Online accounts, if you choose to stay signed in, you'll remain signed in for a period of two weeks, after which you'll need to sign in again for security reasons. To sign out, use the Account button in the Mapboards or Compilation window.
If you're signing up for complimentary access, you'll receive an authorization code via email that you can enter to activate the extension. It can take a few minutes to receive the code, so only click the Sign Up button once. Once you sign in with your authorization code, you won't need to activate or sign in again. If you decide to sign up for Plus or ArcGIS Online to access more capabilities, click the Account button for the option to upgrade your account.
Dock the two windows together to access them as tabs within a single window.
Try the following quick resources to start creating maps with the extension: