ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud is an extension for Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop that allows cartographers and graphic designers to design compelling visuals using data-driven maps and layers from ArcGIS. You can find, import, and create geographic content to add to your artwork as editable vector layers and high resolution images.
Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud requires one of the following host apps to be installed on the system: Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. Refer to the table below for the corresponding version that's supported with your OS and account type.
|OS||Account type||Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud||Adobe Illustrator||Adobe Photoshop|
2020 (24) – 2021 (25)
2020 (21) – 2021 (22)
2020 (24.0) – 2021 (25.2.3)
2020 (21.0) – 2021 (22.4.2)
All supported account types
Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 is no longer supported.
You can use Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud by signing in with supported account types, including Complimentary, Plus, and ArcGIS organizational accounts based on user type. When you sign in with an ArcGIS account, you can also access content in your ArcGIS organization.
See the functionality matrix for a comparison of capabilities based on account and user type. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for a free trial subscription of ArcGIS Online to try full capabilities for a limited time.
The following accounts are supported by the extension:
- Complimentary—Allows you to access Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud using your email address. You will receive an email from Esri with an authorization code. The code enables the extension on a single machine, providing anonymous access to public content hosted on ArcGIS Online and the ability to find and add local data, define map visualizations, and download data as artwork layers. You can activate your account directly through the sign-up page.
- Plus—Provides commercial-grade access at a low month-to-month cost to all premium maps and layers in ArcGIS Online and advanced mapping features within the extension. You can subscribe and pay for your Plus account directly and securely through the Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud sign-up page.
- ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise—Signing in with your ArcGIS organizational account allows access to all the extension's content and advanced features, based on the privileges associated with your assigned user type (Viewer, Editor, Creator, or GIS Professional). You can create and pay for an ArcGIS organizational account using the Esri Store. ArcGIS enables you to connect people, locations, and data using maps. You can work with smart, data-driven styles and intuitive analysis tools that deliver location intelligence, and share your insights with the world or specific groups.
ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes is not currently supported. For more information, see ArcGIS Enterprise support.
The authentication method used to sign in is determined by the way security features are set up for your ArcGIS organization. Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud requires no specific steps to implement the authentication methods supported by ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.
Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud supports the following authentication methods on Microsoft Windows and macOS:
ArcGIS Enterprise support
Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud is supported for use with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 and later. (ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes is not currently supported.) The extension relies on the content and service settings configured by the portal administrator.
Distributed collaboration workflows are not yet supported.
The following configuration settings allow users of the extension to find and download content and access the functionality that Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud offers.
- Configure subscriber and premium content from ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World to make this ArcGIS Online collection available in the portal. ArcGIS Living Atlas content that does not require signing in is available in the default configuration.
- Configure the following required utility services to enable the functionality specified in the table below.
You can also configure the portal to use utility services from ArcGIS Online. See Configure ArcGIS Online utility services for details.
*The locator configured for your organization must support batch geocoding to be used to geocode multiple addresses from a file.
- For the fonts used in your authored vector tile maps to be accessible in maps downloaded to Adobe Illustrator, the fonts must also be installed on the ArcGIS hosting print service and shared with the Illustrator user. For a list of fonts used in the Esri hosted vector tile basemaps, see this document. Acquire the necessary permissions before installing or distributing fonts.
- In a disconnected environment, if the organization is configured with a customized basemap gallery, it must include at least one Web Mercator basemap (such as World Topographic).
For a summary list of what you can expect with a disconnected environment and related configuration recommendations, see the ArcGIS Enterprise help topic Configure a disconnected deployment. When a service is not available or accessible, you'll get an applicable message in the extension that informs you.