ArcGIS Earth is a desktop app built on ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET and shares the same requirements for deployment targets as other apps built with Runtime SDK.
ArcGIS Earth requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3.
ArcGIS Earth is supported on the following Windows platforms:
- Windows 10 Home, Professional, Enterprise, and Educational (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows 8.1 Basic, Pro, and Enterprise (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, and Home Premium (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows Server 2019 (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows Server 2016 Standard and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T])
- Update the platform if you are running ArcGIS Earth on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Minimum operating system requirement for ArcGIS Earth on Microsoft Store is Windows 10 version 14393.0.
- Direct3D feature level 9_3
- Default: DirectX 11 hardware support
- Falls back to DirectX 11 software rendering if hardware support is not available
ArcGIS Earth has the following minimum hardware requirements:
- CPU speed: 2.2 GHz or higher; Hyper-Threading Technology (HTT) or multicore recommended.
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core Duo, or Xeon Processors; SSE2 minimum. Run this Microsoft utility from your Windows command prompt to check your processor.
- Disk space: 50 MB is needed for the app, and more is needed for cache and swap.
- Memory/RAM: 2 GB or higher.
- Display: 24-bit color depth.
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 or higher recommended at normal size (96 dpi).
- Swap space: Determined by the operating system; 500 MB minimum. ArcGIS Runtime will create cache files when used; additional disk space may be required.
- Video/graphics adapter: 256 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB RAM recommended; NVIDIA, ATI, and Intel chipsets supported; accelerated graphics card driver: Shader Model 4.0 minimum. Be sure to use the latest available driver.